GL1800Riders Forums banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts
Yeah, I think RiFFRaFF is the winner! Sorry, Doug, but you've been through A LOT.

Here's my sorry story:

Conditions and Illnesses
  • Arthritis, systemic, degenerative, non-Rheumatoid
  • Spondylosis – spinal arthritis, with osteophyte formation
  • Spinal Stenosis
  • Degenerative Disc Disease – multiple levels of degeneration, desiccation, herniation, osteophytes, cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine
  • Slight Spinal Curvature and Lordosis due to above conditions
  • Neuropathy - generalized
  • Fibromyalgia – severe and widespread
  • COPD – recurrent pneumonia w/ collapsed lungs
  • Meniere’s Disease – with rotational vertigo, sporadic hearing loss, and tinnitis
  • Sleep Apnea
  • Mitral Valve Prolapse
  • Hypertension
  • Hypercholesterolemia

Recent Surgeries
  • Spinal Cord Stimulator Implant – 08/22/08
  • Sympathetic Nerve Block Injections, post SCS Implant Surgery, for damaged nerves to left leg, nicked spinal cord, during surgery
  • Multiple cervical and lumbar rhizotomy procedures, facet joint arthritis
  • Multiple epidural injections, cervical and lumbar spine
  • Multiple transforaminal epidural injections, cervical and lumbar spine
  • Shoulder surgery, left shoulder, resection clavical, need right shoulder surgery
  • Fractured nose/Deviated septum repair, three times
  • Lumpectomies, three times, pre-cancerous cells discovered

Injuries
  • Vertebrae fracture, L-4, Vertebrae fracture L-1, several additional compression fractures
  • Radial nerve damage, right arm
  • Cervical and lumbar spine injuries
  • Fractured clavical
Mine is mostly my body self-destructing, some from labor during trucking days, several auto accidents, dumb luck...

OK, now let's ride and forget all this stuff!!!!! :roll: :lol:
Dam Bev, you need to get together with my wife kelly, you guys are both on the same page with the degenerative disc, fibromyalga(sp)etc. Except her radial nerve was on her left arm. I have to salute you for getting on that bike and enjoying life because I know it's hard for her sometimes with all the pain. Take care tim

OK, now let's ride and forget all this stuff!!!!! :roll: :lol:

That is most sane phrase in this whole thread!

prs

For lack of a better term, you may well be the "winner" guy. Do you ache when a storms coming?:p One of the most busted up guys I know of besides the late Evel rode MX for years. His list may beat yours and he's only in his mid twenties. :22yikes: He wised up and quit riding MX.
The worst accident I saved till I was 59 years old. If there hadn't been sand across the road in that corner I'd have been just fine. I'm OK, glad to be alive and when I get on my Wing all leaned over in a corner, Damn. I'm smooth! Ha Ha :clap2:

41 - 43 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.