GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somehow my right side mirror glass was cracked. :(
If anyone has a right side take off, after putting on Muth mirrors, I'd glady buy it from you, or the pair, left and right.
Honda requires that you buy the whole turn signal, housing assembly which is around $130.00!!
Thanks in advance for your help.

Fred

·
Registered
251 Posts
My left side is scratched, If you find a pair of mirrors, I'll take the left one :wink:
Capt Bob

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
It isn't necessary to buy the whole assembly. One of the first things I bought for my 03 when I got it a year ago was the outside housing (the previous owner had scratched the original) for about 30 bucks at the local dealer. The parts are available individually.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I've got a pair of originals. I replaced them with MUTH. I don't know what a good price is but send me PM and we'll agree on something.

Jerry

I emailed both of you.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the offers on the mirrors...I found one accepted his offer. :D

Fred

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
For anyone else who has a broken mirror glass, I've had good success just going to my local glass shop and having them cut and install a new mirror over the old one. They literally just take a piece of paper and press it over the mirror edges to get the shape and contours then cut the paper along the crease to make a template and cut the mirror piece from that then glue the new piece over the old one. It costs me under $20. :D

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
West Side Honda in Evansville, IN, has them for $10.00 each. They've swapped out a lot of OEM's for Muths, & have several sets available. Or at least they did a couple of weeks ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts