GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have had a pin break-off in the helmet's socket/
hook-up for our Honda (actually J&M's) cord. Has
anyone ever had to extract the itty-bitty little piece
of metal from that hole? Man, I'll tell ya, with how
much one pays for the headset stuff, it is amazing
there is anything delicate?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Have had this happen twice, if your headset is a year old or less have your dealer send it back to J&M,they will usually fix it at no charge, you will most likely get a new headset. J&M has been great about this both times no questions asked.

Hope this helps
Merry Christmas from TEXAS

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just got the visual of one of those
pore strips advertised on T.V. for
your nose. Do you think they make
an extra adhesive one :p

·
Registered
177 Posts
My headset wire broke the first day of use. Same thing, broken pin. Bought it from Hal and three phone calls later they told me they would NOT replace the cord as it worked when it left the warehouse. Not very pleased with Hal right now.

·
Chard Member
13,075 Posts
I thought I heard someone state they pushed the broken pin on through the connector. Then they could use another cord.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update.
I cut (widdled) a V with a razor and pulled the pin out with some
tweezers. Used the unbroken cord, and the helmet worked
fine. Bought a $40.00 cord at the Greenville Rally, and we
are back in business. I find it a very fragile system, but I
sure missed the communication. My sign language wasn't
to good and my wife didn't like me turning around to say
something & taking my eyes off the road.

·
Registered
315 Posts
My pin also came off and was stuck in the headset recepticle last summer. At the time there was a post about just pushing the pin into the recepticle and it would clear. I did that and the pin pushed right through. I have an order in for a new cord right now. The worst part of the story is that I have a radar dector and a kenedy adaptor so I can hear the detector in my headset. Well the pin was the one that carried that signal. I noticed the problem when I was pulled over by a LEO useing radar. Luckily I only got a warning. I even think he spotted the detector. Anyway that is my story and I am sticking to it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts