GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally did it; bought a used 2002 Yella Wing. After 25 years on 1100's, 1500's and others, now have joined the ranks. Guess I'll be busy reading. The bike has 45K on it and in generally good shape but on inspection noticed that one of the rear lug nuts is missing and can't feel the stud. I haven't removed the rear wheel yet but did the fluids except the reap pumkin. It's a bit greasy and haven't been able to get time to clean up yet.
Was wondering looking at the parts fish the rear stud is it replacable and which way does it come out of the drive? Will have to disassembly I suppose. No vibration. I'm haveing the Head bearings updated and wanted to know about the stud before I get into it. Probably order on line or dealer.

Thanks to all in advance. Pete

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
You will be needing a

Bolt, Stud 12X46, 90125-MCA-300, and a

Nut, Wheel 90807-MCA-000

and, yes, they are replaceable. Comes out from the outside.

But if it is sheared off flush, getting it out is a lotta fun.

·
Chard Member
12,970 Posts
If it's greasy you probably have a bad seal. With the stud broken and maybe a bad seal(s) I'd find one from a new bike that was triked. You should easily find one shipped to you for under $100.

Good Luck.......

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all, would you know without getting the stud whether it's a left or right hand into the gear? I'm thinking that since the lug nut goes on in the normal right hand to tighten, the stud might be tapped in Left?
Probably just replace the whole drive unit. Fella who is doing it does trike conversions- how convienient. Now to negotiate. Thanks all!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Honda of Van Wert (Van Wert, Ohio) builds trikes and probably has a rear end for you at a reasonable price. Call Gary at 1-419-238-1776 ... tell him Tom in Winchester, Indiana recommended him ... he's great at service !!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts