GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Copy of IMG_4330.jpg

Bought this '06 in Feb. with only 6300 miles on it. Had the Roadsmith conversion installed last week and brought home today. What a ride!

·
Banned
2,620 Posts
nice looking trike....good way of going, letting others take the depreciation and buying low mileage, then putting a new rear end on it...best of two worlds, at the best price.

Congrats on your new ride/

·
Registered
889 Posts
That is a mighty nice lookin' ride!! You will like that RoadSmith kit more each time you take it out. At least, that's the way we get along with ours. Beautiful machine ... congratulations!!!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Brought MOJO home today

Hope you like your RoadSmith as much as I like mine. If so then you are going to LOVE it.

David Sessums

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Nice looking trike! :thumbup:

·
Registered
243 Posts
:congrats: on your new trike. Your right, the Roadsmith does ride good!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, folks. Looking forward to putting many miles on this girl.

Question: How long does it take before I quit trying to lean in the twisties? :joke:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Thanks, folks. Looking forward to putting many miles on this girl.

Question: How long does it take before I quit trying to lean in the twisties? :joke:
When you stop riding them.;) Congrats on your new trike. Enjoy and ride safe.:thumbup:

·
Registered
889 Posts
You will notice that the body of the RoadSmith kit has a small bit of lean. Make a few circles and figure 8's in a parking lot and you'll see what I'm talking about. You will feel that when you negotiate a curve, more or less, depending on the curve. It won't take you long to get used to that "feeling", and you'll come to expect it and look forward to it. To me, the trike feels like a sportscar in a curve, and the sideways G-force you will feel on the trike is the same as in the sportscar. You will be surprised at how quickly you will get used to the way the trike feels and handles, and I think you'll enjoy that just as much as the way you enjoyed your bike on two wheels. It ain't better or worse ... just different!

Personally, I'm glad the RoadSmith has that bit of lean to the body when turning or curving. It means I have more feedback from the machine that lets me know where I'm at as I negotiate these. I still lean to the inside of the turn or curve ... it's just natural to do so.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
:congrats: Lookin Good. Now go out and explore the roads in the area,,,,,,,,,,,:yes1:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts