GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice Bike! I did a fly and ride to pick up my "B". That was a fantastic experience! Enjoy!
It was fun ride. Frickin hot for the first 2/3rd of the ride. This wing seemed to give off a lot more heat than my C90.
Last third riding in and out thunder storms at night. Time for LED’s now. Lol

·
Registered
498 Posts
It was fun ride. Frickin hot for the first 2/3rd of the ride. This wing seemed to give off a lot more heat than my C90.
Last third riding in and out thunder storms at night. Time for LED’s now. Lol

That's a shame about the weather. It can make a big difference on a trip.

It looks like you have extra mirrors below your stock mirrors. If you put on some Baker air wings or similar instead, you can turn them and aim a bunch of cooling air on to your body. Of course that doesn't help much when its 95. :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Congrats man, super nice wing

Reactions: Spiff

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The bike came with some deflectors. Not sure if they are any good or what brand they are (they are dirty from the rode in the storm last night). Maybe down the road I’ll get a different set.

That's a shame about the weather. It can make a big difference on a trip.

It looks like you have extra mirrors below your stock mirrors. If you put on some Baker air wings or similar instead, you can turn them and aim a bunch of cooling air on to your body. Of course that doesn't help much when its 95. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Maybe you were hotter from the added air deflectors, looks like they open to direct air, maybe at you.

·
Chard Member
13,052 Posts
I was feeling the heat down low at foot level

Post 2005 Wings cooked me from my knees to my toes. My leg would actually get blood red on long interstate runs. To solve that issue I installed Baker deflectors on the frt crash bars.

You’ll appreciate the heat in less than a month in Canada. lol...

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I have the foot wings to deflect rain water some. THOSE will make your feet hot when you forget they are on when it gets hot.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Post 2005 Wings cooked me from my knees to my toes. My leg would actually get blood red on long interstate runs. To solve that issue I installed Baker deflectors on the frt crash bars.

You’ll appreciate the heat in less than a month in Canada. lol...
Same for me. I had a 2013 Level 3 that I sold after 8 months. I only had to complaints about it... It cooked the crap outta my legs and the wind banged my head around so much it gave me a headache. I am trying to get a test drive for a 2018/19 to make sure I don’t have the same issues.

I did install Baker upper and lower wings and it did help the heat but not 100%, But again all of my bikes until the wing were all “in the wind” bikes.

Reactions: Spiff
1 - 15 of 15 Posts