GL1800Riders Forums banner

Brown's Country Buffet. Sunday Jan. 19th 2014 Alachua Fl. noonish..

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  UNCLEJOHN 
#1 ·
Impromptu ride Sunday January 19th
looks like a great day. See some of you there. Just confirmed by phone...
Browns is open Sunday!

Brown's Country Buffet

14423 Martin Luther King Blvd, Alachua, FL 32615​

(386) 462-300

Hal-1
John-1
Warren-1
Rolf-1
Gil-1
OBT-1

Meet at around noonish and head in from there. If cold...just go
indoors. We'll find you.

#4 ·
thats one of those rte's just south ga. line :lol::lol::lol: football on tomorrow ! will pass. enjoy.:thumbup:

#5 ·
Corrected address is: 14423 US Hwy 441 next to Farm Bureau Insurance in case anyone is going that has never been there. I looked up the other address (12510 Martin Luther King Hwy. Alachua, FL) on Google Maps and it says "permanently closed". Hal, I am not sure if I will make it as of yet.

#6 ·
Sorry, sorry, sorry for any confusion on the address. Now I'm not sure if they (Brown's) are even open on Sunday? I will post as soon as I can get ahold of them today.:oops: I spoke of going to The Backyard BBQ in Newberry ( they are open Sunday) with OBT as an alternative if Browns is not open, or any other place...even Mexican in Archer if all else fails?

#7 ·
I'd call to verify Hal, hours copied from the www.

Brown's Country Buffet

Directions
Be the first to review

Address: 14423 Martin Luther King Hwy, Alachua, FL 32615
Phone:(386) 462-3000
Hours:
Sunday 8:00 am – 2:30 pm - See all
Monday7:00 am – 8:00 pm
Tuesday7:00 am – 8:00 pm
Wednesday7:00 am – 8:00 pm
Thursday7:00 am – 8:00 pm
Friday7:00 am – 8:00 pm
Saturday7:00 am – 2:00 pm
Sunday8:00 am – 2:30 pm

#12 ·
Rain...YIKES

:eek:4: Crockett and I met and gased up at 10:30 in Interlachen. The sky was clear blue and the temp was about 58. As we headed west it became cloudy but we never guessed what was coming. At 222 and 121 it began to sprinkle and the temp dropped to low 50's. We took SR20 to US441 and the rain became moderate...no problem, we're only about 10 miles away. We pressed on and suddenly hit a black wall. Too late to do anything but press on. I goosed it up to 75 and most of the rain went over me, but now it was 48 degrees. Surprisingly I stayed dry under my jacket etc. Pulling in to Brown's the rain was steady and we saw no other bikes. We figured no one else was coming. We walked in in full gear, dripping water and collecting stares from everyone. I grabbed a plate and began chowing down, it was only 11:30 but we figured no need to wait since surely no one else was as crazy as we two. I figured I'd call Hal and rub it in that Crockett and I had braved the rain and cold while he, John, Gil, and Warren had wimped out. Surprise surprise, Hal and his gang were on the way and had only stopped to don rain gear. They arrived shortly thereafter and we had a most enjoyable lunch. While we purposely lingered and lost count of the number of cups of coffee we drank, the rain stopped and the sky turned blue. Yippee, another successful RTE under our expanding belts. It was a pleasure to meet Warren, he looks like Prowler material. Let's do a breakfast ride during the upcoming week.:thumbup::thumbup:

#13 ·
everyone should pitch in and get a trophy for crockett :lol::lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.