GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Headed down from MA for a 2 week trip in June.. and had a few questions..

I've been down many times, however always in late September and early October back when I was single. Got remarried a few years ago so my yearly trips were interrupted, (Which was fine!), but I'm ready to go for a trip again. Except now, due to life, the fall schedule is full and I need to go earlier than usual. I wanted to go before school gets out and the summer rush begins so I'm scheduled to leave the first of June.

SO my questions are.. hows the weather typically this time of year? Trying to decide what to bring for layers.

Hows traffic usually in June? My fall trips were blissfully fairly quiet..

I never made reservations and rarely had issues finding a room.. now?

My wife usually joins me, but I have more vacation than her, and as she won't be able to take a trip on the bike this time I'm going solo. Which is good and bad, I enjoy being with the Mrs as she's a good traveller and I'll miss her, but the freedom to ride at the pace I want and travel with no one to take into account but me again will be fun!

Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Good questions, and I'll be watching this thread with interest as my brother in law and I, along with our copilots, will be in the same area the first 2 weeks of June.
That is if oklahoma doesn't wash away before we can get out of here. Or blow away in a tornado.
If you see a dark red wing and a magenta wing both pulling a harbor freight tag a long - that's us.
Say howdy and let's grab a cup of coffee.

·
IronMan
17,639 Posts
Smri ( smoky mtn ride in ) was always in june = hot ! = get a motel with pool. Ck with florida cracker on here (gary) he lives there in summer

Reactions: Art H.

·
motorcycle cowboy
935 Posts
It'll be warm, here in East TN. it's in the 90's, 60's at night. Ridge tops should bring a bit cooler temps. As for traffic, I've only been on the southern portion BRP in the summer but I don't recall traffic being an issue.

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
Will be warm down low, cooler the higher you go. It is all doable. Just don’t short change the fluid intack.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts