GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

Going to ride the BRP from Cherokee NC to Boone NC on the three-day Labor Day weekend.

Its been a while since I've been on the BRP and could use some "tourist" advice for the trip.

So, what are the places and things that we should definitely be sure to stop and see along the way on or near that stretch of the BRP? Advice on good eating spots would also be appreciated.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Mt Pisgah Inn and Little Switzerland Inn for food.

Linville Falls and the Folk art center just north of Asheville are worth seeing.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Not to state the obvisous but go to www.blueridgeparkway.org and it will give you al lot of information and further links for the areas.

Be prepared for a lot of traffic during the Labor day Weekend. I wouls suggest leaving early each day to miss some of the traffic, but it will be a holiday extravaganza.

Charlie Morse
Land Elephant

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all, and thanks Charlie for the link.

I have looked on their site, but am still hoping for more inside information from those who have been and seen before me. Those tid-bits are usually the best!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Be sure to see the speed limit signs and the guard rails on the steep drop side - in other words - ride safe !!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts