GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gosh -- its cold here in So. Louisiana today... someone must have left the door open up north -- whom ever did -- would you please close it... ?
according to MSN weather its 43 degrees at 10:56 CST... its not suppose to be that cold here in Gods country.. thankfully wednesday's forecast
is 67 degrees and sunny.. think I will ride wednesday... anyone care to join us ? I will even spring for coco & beignets at Cafe du Monde..

cosmic

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
wussie! I rode in to work this morning and the temp gage was indicating 25 degrees! Love that Millenium jacket!

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
It was me, I left the door open

When we left Sunday morning for Toys for Tots my outside temp said 7.7 degrees and all I can say 6 hrs later is :eek:4: ..... LOL ... I need better cold weather gloves

·
Registered
461 Posts
Rode to our weekly breakfast here this morning and it was a very cool 22 degrees and I also need some warmer gloves, maybe heated ones if it's going to get this cold again this winter.

·
Registered
298 Posts
21 degrees when I left my driveway this morning. Love those heated gloves.

Billy

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Tony said:

When we left Sunday morning for Toys for Tots my outside temp said 7.7 degrees and all I can say 6 hrs later is :eek:4: ..... LOL ... I need better cold weather gloves
Thanks for fessing up..... :D

I'll send this cold stuff back your way.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Lewis/EC said:
Tony said:

Thanks for fessing up..... :D

I'll send this cold stuff back your way.

Can we send Tony our gas bills for him to pay? That's what my parents did as punishment, if I left the door open. lol

Billy

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
cosmic_chariot said:
Gosh -- its cold here in So. Louisiana today... someone must have left the door open up north -- whom ever did -- would you please close it... ?
according to MSN weather its 43 degrees at 10:56 CST... its not suppose to be that cold here in Gods country.. thankfully wednesday's forecast
is 67 degrees and sunny.. think I will ride wednesday... anyone care to join us ? I will even spring for coco & beignets at Cafe du Monde..

cosmic
Dang Cosmic, why didn't you make the offer yesterday!!! I rode a couple hundred miles, temps in the lower 50's. Beignets at Cafe du Monde, couldn't have passed on that.

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
them Canadians left the door open when they took off for the warmer areas for the winter.

:lol:

·
Registered
86 Posts
cold weather

you know, we just thawed out up here after we gave Green Bay a Warm Welcome at Quest Field. Temp at 22 Degrees, 7-15 inches of snow and about an inch of ice. No biking until today, good thing my new plates arrived. Time to go to San Diego. :drive1:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm jealous, it just warmed up here, was -25 to -30C and -40C with windchill all last week and that's with about two feet of snow. Now it's about -10C (14F) and warming up, almost a heat wave. Good riding :) just not here.

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jafi_fink said:
[quote="cosmic_chariot":2o4uzvoz]Gosh -- its cold here in So. Louisiana today... someone must have left the door open up north -- whom ever did -- would you please close it... ?

cosmic
Dang Cosmic, why didn't you make the offer yesterday!!! I rode a couple hundred miles, temps in the lower 50's. Beignets at Cafe du Monde, couldn't have passed on that.[/quote:2o4uzvoz]

Joe... I will again make that offer... how about tomorow night (wed). ?
we are going to bike night in New Orleans and always go for co co and beignets before we head home..if you want to join us let me know we leave here at 5:00 and usually home about 9:30 ..

cosmic

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
cosmic_chariot said:
Joe... I will again make that offer... how about tomorow night (wed). ? we are going to bike night in New Orleans and always go for co co and beignets before we head home..if you want to join us let me know we leave here at 5:00 and usually home about 9:30 .. cosmic
I need to take you up on that offer at some point. May be Jim (jjsc6) and I could ride over from Houston. I will have to factor in the ride from Houston, but great beignets is worth a little ride from Houston.

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
jafi_fink said:
[quote="cosmic_chariot":2rcka8f0]Joe... I will again make that offer... how about tomorow night (wed). ? we are going to bike night in New Orleans and always go for co co and beignets before we head home..if you want to join us let me know we leave here at 5:00 and usually home about 9:30 .. cosmic
I need to take you up on that offer at some point. May be Jim (jjsc6) and I could ride over from Houston. I will have to factor in the ride from Houston, but great beignets is worth a little ride from Houston.[/quote:2rcka8f0]

Jim.. just let me know when you can make it.. I am always looking for a reason to go riding..

cosmic

1 - 17 of 17 Posts