GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gosh .. someone up north left the door open and the cold air has invaded the south... one of our winter days has taken over ... todays high is only
63 degrees.. Brrrrrrr !!
but don't fret.... tomorrow forecast is 75 degrees --- sunny -- 5 to 10 MPH winds....
YEAHHHHH --- i gonna ride !!! anyone care to join ?

cosmic

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Just love to rub it in, don't you :lol:

Me, Toyo and Arnbutt are leaving in probably high 20's tomorrow morning for a day on the cycles. Mother Nature is not going to spoil our riding plans.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Cosmic,

How can you possibly ride in frigid temperatures like that? I just do not see how it would even be possible. It is much warmer up here and we do not have problems like you do. Yesterday on the way into work it was a balmy 17 deg. and the wing handled it just fine.

I feel so sorry for you and hope you do not have to put the bike away for 6 months to wait for it to warm up.

:a13:

Marc :lol:

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
8 inches of snow this morning with more coming. It's time to get the snowmobiles running.

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lomax said:
Cosmic,

How can you possibly ride in frigid temperatures like that? I just do not see how it would even be possible. It is much warmer up here and we do not have problems like you do. Yesterday on the way into work it was a balmy 17 deg. and the wing handled it just fine.

I feel so sorry for you and hope you do not have to put the bike away for 6 months to wait for it to warm up.

:a13:

Marc :lol:
Lomax -- here in Gods country we only get about 10 to 12 days of cold
weather... its usually a 12 month -- 350 a year riding season..
Gosh I love the south...

cosmic

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Toyo said:
Excuse me but I am under the impression that TEXAS is God's Country?
For me anyplace south of the Ohio and west of the Mississippi are Gods country... But remember I am typing this from Indiana... :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Waall, we don';t want no fuedin' heah! After all, Loosiana is supposed to be part of Texas, but what with all the creepy crawly things, we decided to let them have it. Sorry Pahdnuh, didn't meat to steat ya' all's thread!

Mesquite Bob

I wasn't born here, just got here as soon as I could!

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Toyo said:
I don't know how you could be more mistaken.. everyone knows that Louisiana.... is Gods country.....

cosmic

·
Registered
806 Posts
Yep got all the doors wide open up here and in Jan we are going to send you some snow. Enjoy :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Chard Member
12,967 Posts
Cockleburr said:
Yep got all the doors wide open up here and in Jan we are going to send you some snow. Enjoy :lol: :lol: :lol:
You must be sending it south already. I almost put pants on this morning instead of shorts!

I've become a candy a$$ since living in the south 25 years. Anything below 70 degrees and I'm looking for my cold weather gear. LOL...

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
19 degrees F. on the wings thermometer when I left the house this morning. Had to turn on the vest and gloves and put on a neck gator.
Beautiful, sunny day arrived and the temp went up to a balmy 27 in about 10 minutes. Can't wait for the ride home this afternoon. Should be a heated 46F. by then. I'll probably sweat on the way home :wink:

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Mid fifties in the morning low 80's in the afternoon. Don't know how I can stand it. :D :D think I'll go for a ride maybe the mountains so I can find some cool weather :D :D

·
Registered
178 Posts
It's supposed to get down to 40 tonight, Cosmic. But don't worry, things will warm up by lunch.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,206 Posts
I had a nice ride to work this morning, a balmy 24 here in KY. The attention you get at 5:30 am on a bike in 24 degrees is priceless. :lol:

·
Registered
601 Posts
Toyo said:
You are correct Toyo, Texas is Gods Country....
and it is Cold here .. it was 31 this am when I left for work...
warmed up to the upper 60's .. which I still think is cold..
I like 85 to 90 .. and would love it year round...

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
today's low was 55,,with a high of 67 and cloudy.........3 days ago the low was 38 with a high of 65.........17 degree difference in just a few days...i could ride in a tshirt in this weather......

·
Registered
681 Posts
techdude2000 said:
I had a nice ride to work this morning, a balmy 24 here in KY. The attention you get at 5:30 am on a bike in 24 degrees is priceless. :lol:
Howdy.

Besides EVERYBODY knows Kentucky is God's country! :p :flg:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Gods country

I agree with youall. The United States is Gods country but He has favorites like Washington State. :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts