GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

Not much difference here either. Temps have been dropping since 5:00am CST. Started out at 38. Winter has finally arrived in Northeast Wisconsin.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Yep, that's cold...

....back in Nov I was going to one of our club meetings on a Sunday morning -- it was supposed to warm up later in the day, but as I rode down from the house the temp was reading 16 deg. That was the coldest temp I had ridden and I'd just as soon avoid those kind of temps. The surgery is keeping me off the bike during the really cold stuff, so maybe that's okay. It is just that we get a few warm days now and then and I'd sure like to be out there.

By the way, getting better every day. Neck collar sucks. At least three more weeks with it. Out to dinner for New Years Eve, but keeping it pretty tame this year. Hope you have a good one.

I'm coming back to the Hoot this year and hope to get to meet you while back in that area.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
It is pretty darn chilly here too!!! :a13:

Seriously... there are folks running around here wearing long pants and jackets in the evenings/at night here... it is in the high 70s during the day and gets into the low 50s at night.

But don't worry, I am still wearing shorts and my Gl1800 tshirt... just for y'all :twisted:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Only made it up to 65 here yesterday and not expected to get back to 70 until at least Friday. Not sure I'm going to make it through this cold weather. I'm actually thinking about buying gloves.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
We have about 4" of snow on the ground,and it's still coming down.Not too cold though.
We don't get a lot of snow around here.Was hoping to go for a New Year's ride tomorrow,but it doesn't look like that will happen.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
C'mon Jeff - you've been in colder temps...

Where's Dayle when we need him?? :lol: (BTW, has anyone heard from him lately?)

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Jon said:
Where's Dayle when we need him?? :lol: (BTW, has anyone heard from him lately?)
I emailed him a week or two ago... he has been busy catching up on all the work he got behind on when he was working on his new shop.

I don't think he has even checked out the new board... what the heck is wrong with that guy ;)

Y'all have a happy new year!!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Black Wing,

What are you going to do when it gets to be summer? :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Brrr not

New Years Day Looks like another good day to ride here. Forecast is high 70s and sunny. Been in snow ridden on ice Ill take the tourists in S Fla.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Just think

ZZ ? I wore my collar for 3 month's and they do get to be a bother after awhile, but it sure beats the alternative. HALO ? :angle1:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hey Jon

Hey Jon.
Ain't it amazing that we had the exact same mileage on our odometer along with the same temp.

:a13:

Jerry

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Not to mention the same time!! :) :)

There is a about 7 of us planning on a long trip tomorrow. We will be leaving about 9:00 in the morning and it will probably be about 35-38 deg. This means plenty of winter clothing. Hope it warms up quick or the trip will be shorter than planned.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts