GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone stayed at the north campground at Bryce np in May? Thinking of using it for a base for hitting Zion and the North rim also. Wondering about weather and any other related thoughts.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Bryce is sort of at the north end of what you are doing. Why not stay at Zion campground and sort of split the distance between Bryce and Grand Canyon.

I haven't stayed in any of the campgrounds in years but thoroughly enjoyed Zion years ago. We were tent camping and it was so pretty we did not put the tent up. The next morning when I was returning from the restroom, a couple deer were trying to wake my son. Thngs have changed in the years since. I was through there in 2007.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Anyone stayed at the north campground at Bryce np in May? Thinking of using it for a base for hitting Zion and the North rim also. Wondering about weather and any other related thoughts.
Can be very nice, but watch the weather as if the right front comes through you can even get snow -- 3rd week of May in 2008 as an example. Temps in the 70s one day -- snowing the next.

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
Great place to ride but the weather can change very quick that time of year.

·
Registered
608 Posts
We have stayed in Brice and Zion many times over the years. I would think that in May nights at Brice would still be a might chilly, while zion is lower and should stay a bit warmer. Brice is good for a day trip and you can see most of it in one day, while Zion can take quite a while exploring. I'm sure you'll have fun where ever you will stay. We have camped at Ruby's at Brice (they have showers).:doorag:

·
Registered
824 Posts
We went to the area about 8 years ago and stayed in a motel in Panguich the last week of May and was very glad we did. Every morning when leaving the motel, we drove south towards Bryce, the North Rim, and Zion and looked at the fields where they ran the sprinklers overnight, and all four mornings, everything was a beautiful array of ICE!

Don't forget to head north on UT 12, that is some of the prettiest Red Rock country you will ever see! Everytime we turned our heads or rounded a curve we were saying 'Oh My God, look at that', thus the name of the road - The Oh My God Highway :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts