GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was asked to post this.

A group of Florida riders are heading up to Bryson City, NC to arrive Tuesday, October 15th to ride the area. Plan on leaving Sunday the 20th.

Area hotels currently have accommodations.

I think Sleep Inn will be the base. Rates are $143 a night plus tax there. Not much cheaper anywhere else there.

This is NOT an official ride in per say....just a bunch of riders wanting to ride the Smoky Mountains again.

Ride locations will be decided on the fly.

Come ONE. Come ALL.

Any questions, let me know. I will try to get an answer for ya.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I'll be there 13th till the 26th

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I Heard you and Crockett got the last two camping spots.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
I think Sleep Inn will be the base. Rates are $143 a night plus tax there. Not much cheaper anywhere else there.

This is the place that screwed us for one of the Bryson City Rides that Gary was handling. They gave Gary a very nice price, took reservations but upon arrival
said he could not honor the rates. The new rates were crazy high... I will NEVER stay at that place..... NEVER, EVER !!!!!

Enjoy your ride Mike...

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I remember that. The rate I posted is rate shown on web site. No discount, etc. I find it high personally and hope to share room.

·
IronMan
17,636 Posts
thought max stayed up on hill and was ok? heard good things about little old place on corner ( caddy corner from shell station) ?

Reactions: anotherone

·
Registered
197 Posts
Room Rate

The $143.00 seems like a lot more than I paid last year. Has anyone looked at a Motel booking site to see if there is a lower rate for advanced booking?

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Why not stay over in Maggie Valley two towns over (30 minutes)? Plenty of hotels for lots less and 4 miles off the parkway.

Just a thought...

Reactions: Barrycuda67

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
just google bryson city hotels ; plenty cheaper than that. Rosewood and micro tell ???

Reactions: Barrycuda67

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
thought max stayed up on hill and was ok? heard good things about little old place on corner ( caddy corner from shell station) ?
The $143.00 seems like a lot more than I paid last year. Has anyone looked at a Motel booking site to see if there is a lower rate for advanced booking?
Why not stay over in Maggie Valley two towns over (30 minutes)? Plenty of hotels for lots less and 4 miles off the parkway.

Just a thought...
Looking at Travelocity, for that time of year, rates shows to be $88 and up. Relax Inn shows $88. Maggie Valley hotels runs higher.....

There are also cabins available for about the same rates as area hotels.

It makes no difference to me where we base out of...I was just stating the one in Bryson City since Bryson City is where we have previously stayed and figured it as in the bottom price range for what I saw.

All can book where they want then meet up somewhere for group rides I am guessing. I am not organizing. I am just passing on the get together time frame.

I can't book too early due to situation around here so I end up paying the higher rate for my room. I don't like to book non refundable rooms due to my personal situation with my wife.

·
IronMan
17,636 Posts
Looking at Travelocity, for that time of year, rates shows to be $88 and up. Relax Inn shows $88. Maggie Valley hotels runs higher.....

There are also cabins available for about the same rates as area hotels.

It makes no difference to me where we base out of...I was just stating the one in Bryson City since Bryson City is where we have previously stayed and figured it as in the bottom price range for what I saw.

All can book where they want then meet up somewhere for group rides I am guessing. I am not organizing. I am just passing on the get together time frame.

I can't book too early due to situation around here so I end up paying the higher rate for my room. I don't like to book non refundable rooms due to my personal situation with my wife.
bunch in Cherokee also

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
IronMan
17,636 Posts
Yea I Heard you and Crockett got the last two camping spots.
WAIT TILL YA SEE THE "SQUATTER" WITH THEM ! :surprise: :laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Kevin too.

Looks like I am the only one staying at a hotel. Well hells bells, that sucks!!!

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
I have a reservation at the "Relax Inn". Checking in on Tues Oct 15th and out Sun morning Oct 20th.
It's a Double Room with two double beds for a total cost of $562,77/ 5-nights. Looking for someone to share the room and split the cost.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Kevin too.

Looks like I am the only one staying at a hotel. Well hells bells, that sucks!!!

I'll be there too Mike,... if I can find someone to split the room with.

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have a reservation at the "Relax Inn". Checking in on Tues Oct 15th and out Sun morning Oct 20th.
It's a Double Room with two double beds for a total cost of $562,77/ 5-nights. Looking for someone to share the room and split the cost.
I got the same rate when I upgraded from single to double room. A $70 increase.

I'll be there too Mike,... if I can find someone to split the room with.
I just found out OldbikerTom wants to share the room with me. He committed today.

Good luck on finding someone.....

If he falls through and you still have it, I will share the room with ya and cancel my reservation.

Time will tell.

·
Registered
547 Posts

I don't have a room and am looking for someone to share also! Check me out and if you are interested, I'm available

- Craig

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I threw 5th Gear over to ya to share a room.

We have ridden up there a few times in the same group.

He is a good guy. I vouch for him. Need I say more.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts