GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on the FB RTE group as well. Sorry to duplicate but curious.

I am going to the big Vintage Meet at Barber Motorsports Park/Museum Oct 4-6 and was told the Bryson City Ride In was the next weekend.

What can you tell me about the Bryson City Ride in? What is it? Fun Rides, Any vendors(not a big deal)?

Someone said last year everybody there were Prowlers?

I was thinking of extending my trip to include Deal's Gap and thought maybe the Ride In would be a fun way to end the trip.

Please don't preach about why the Gap isn't worth going to, just plan on going once.

Thanks in advance.

·
IronMan
17,625 Posts
NO VENDORS - JUST BUNCH RIDERS . GREAT AREA TO RIDE AND IN FALL WHEN LEAVES CHANGE = "PURDY" :serious::grin2: USED TO GO TWICE A YEAR - JUNE SMRI (SMOKY MTN RIDE IN ) BUT THAT HAS STOPPED . ONE OF REASONS LOT OF "PROWLERS " THERE IS GARY BAKER HAD LOTS TO DO WITH SMRI AND LIVES IN BRYSON IN SUMMER N FLORIDA IN WINTER. SO ALWAYS HAD SOMETHING GOING ON. HERE IN FLAT FLORIDA NICE DAY RIDE TO GET THERE AND RUN THE MOUNTAIN ROADS . IF GETTING ROOM THEY GO FAST BECAUSE LOTS "PEOPLE" GO THERE FOR LEAVE CHANGE ALSO.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
We will be at Barber - had a ball last year. Staying at the Hyatt in Inverness. Learned last year to find back roads and stay off the Birmingham main arteries as they are stop-and-go most of the time. I've always stayed at Two Rivers Lodge when visiting Bryson City. Very biker-friendly.

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Bill, thought you and I talked about this Saturday??

To answer your question, the meet up this year is going to be with 12 people or less as of right now. All that I know are the Florida guys who want to get away from the flat lands and ride the mountains again in and around Bryson City.

It is very informal. More like buddies meeting up and riding to where ever the consensus decides either the night before or the morning of the ride .

We get back to Bryson City after the ride then BS in and around the hotel. Rides are usually all day coming back around 4-5pm with plenty of stops to break and for lunch. You know us Prowlers like our food!!!!!

No vendors!

A few of the guys that I know of will be RVing already up there.

Most are arriving Tuesday October 15th. Leaving out Sunday October 20th.

No commitment to ride all days. What ever trips your trigger....I will be taking a day off of riding to meet up with an old shipmate of mine from my Navy time who lives in the Asheville area.

Just post on here I guess so we can expect ya if you decide to ride with us.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I'd like to find a Prowler to share the Bryson City lodging expense with this Virginian for the October 15th to 20th timeframe. If you thinking of sharing a room and don't know me, ask around as I count many of the Prowlers as friends (and I hope that they feel the same way!).

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
I'd like to find a Prowler to share the Bryson City lodging expense with this Virginian for the October 15th to 20th timeframe. If you thinking of sharing a room and don't know me, ask around as I count many of the Prowlers as friends (and I hope that they feel the same way!).
I will vouch for Craig. Need I say more. Likes spirited rides too.

Craig, hook up with thecruiser. He is staying the timeframe you are looking for and is looking for a roommate.

See post 16 below:

https://gl1800riders.com/forums/30-florida-fl/447877-bryson-city-october-2.html

·
Registered
547 Posts

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Thanks!! I've offered myself up for sharing with TheCruiser. Waiting to hear if that will work out!

- Craig
Sorry Craig, I canceled the room already. I didn't hear from anyone interested so decided to go a different route. I'll still be in NC but farther south.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts