GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put on a BT 45 on love the way my wing rides. To me its never rode so good great on the highway and handles well. Just wondering how this tire handles in the rain and on wet roads. Living here in Florida rainy season will be here before we know it.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Just put on a BT 45 on love the way my wing rides. To me its never rode so good great on the highway and handles well. Just wondering how this tire handles in the rain and on wet roads. Living here in Florida rainy season will be here before we know it.
rides just as well in wet weather as it does dry..

·
Registered
476 Posts
I am on my 3rd BT-45 and love it also. Feel that it grips even better in wet as in dry. Real confidence riding wet.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Rode about 150 miles in rain like a cow peein on a flat rock on one trip with about 25,000 on the BT-45 and no problems. YMMV

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
I like you...love the ride of this tire! Just rode 100+ yesterday down in the Hocking hills. Roads had tons of sands and salts on almost every corner. This tire is amazing on sand and gravel...but I do not like it when it gets wet outside! It is very greasy! Tar snakes...paint stripes and coated drives/parking lots are very slippery! I get vapor lock with this tire when it rains. (I guess I should slow down when it rains!? )

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I like you...love the ride of this tire! Just rode 100+ yesterday down in the Hocking hills. Roads had tons of sands and salts on almost every corner. This tire is amazing on sand and gravel...but I do not like it when it gets wet outside! It is very greasy! Tar snakes...paint stripes and coated drives/parking lots are very slippery! I get vapor lock with this tire when it rains. (I guess I should slow down when it rains!? )
Like you micar, It took me a while to get used to he bt45when it rained. But now on 3rd one and no problems. Yes slow down, lol.

·
Registered
938 Posts
rain like a cow peein on a flat rock . YMMV
:22yikes:

Never heard that one before but having spent many summers on my uncle's dairy farm I do understand where you are coming from. Must have been a very wet ride.

·
IronMan
17,452 Posts
:roll: :roll: LOWER THAN A SNAKE IN WAGON WHEEL TRACK ! GREAT GREAT GREAT GRANPA :lol: BUNCH FUNNY ONES ( BUT TRUE ) OUT THERE

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I also am on my third BT-45. I think it handles so well wet or dry I don't pay any attention to the weather as far as the tires are concerned. Good luck. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts