GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just an FYI post. A friend of mine bought a BT-45 and had trouble with fender clearance. Looked closely and found that there are 2 different BT-45's, an H and a V rated. Didn't make notes, but his was a different size ( taller ) and at 100mph actually rubber the inside of the fender and he smelled smoke! I'll check on which is which. One was a 60 and the other a 70 I think.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
just an FYI post. A friend of mine bought a BT-45 and had trouble with fender clearance. Looked closely and found that there are 2 different BT-45's, an H and a V rated. Didn't make notes, but his was a different size ( taller ) and at 100mph actually rubber the inside of the fender and he smelled smoke! I'll check on which is which. One was a 60 and the other a 70 I think.
Interesting. I wasn't aware the BT45 was even available in a "60" series. I run it on both my 1800's. Both tires are marked 130/70H18 -"HR63". I would assume the "70" would be the taller. No rubbing issues on either bike including triple digits. Also both bikes have the thickness of a 1/4" capscrew, washer and fender extender on the inside of the fender.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bt-45 on front

I checked it out and the V rated is an 80 series. It leaves very little clearance between the tire and fender. I guess if you stayed under triple digits, it might be ok, but you could also pick up a piece of gravel and trash your fender!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts