GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im running a BT 45 on the front and had cupping I replaced it with another BT and was wondering what pressures others who are running the bt 45 I ran the tire at 36 should I bump it up to 40, I also reveres the direction on this one and dont seem to have the Buzz in the handlebars.

Thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Must be why it cupped

:thumbup:Thanks

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
I ran my first one at 41psi.

Looked good at 13k when I replaced it due to pothole damage. 6/32nds left at that time.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine still had plenty of tread at 14k but had cupped and I didnt like the vibe from that

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Must be why it cupped

:thumbup:Thanks
I believe tires cup for one or both of two reasons: wrong air pressure or inadequate suspension. I think it's primarily a suspension issue. Haven't cupped a tire in 200k miles with upgraded suspension. :thumbup:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Would like to but cant afford the upgrade, went the cheep rout and put progressive springs front and rear and a slightly heaver oil in the forks n disabled the ADV

·
DSI Keeper
9,166 Posts
I believe tires cup for one or both of two reasons: wrong air pressure or inadequate suspension. I think it's primarily a suspension issue. Haven't cupped a tire in 200k miles with upgraded suspension. :thumbup:
I am going to throw a third reason out there. Tire design (or tread pattern).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts