GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for Battleax bt45 front tire, but what size do I need for my 2003 goldwing, thank you

·
IronMan
17,462 Posts
make sure its for back -1500 wing on 2nd one :thumbup::thumbup: 20,000 n still goin :bow::bow:

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,944 Posts
We'll I think this is it 130/70/18
Yes, (130/70/18) it is a rear bias ply cruiser tire and will work well on the front of your wing. It holds up like iron on the slab but the edges go quickly if it is pushed real hard in the twisties.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Yes, (130/70/18) it is a rear bias ply cruiser tire and will work well on the front of your wing. It holds up like iron on the slab but the edges go quickly if it is pushed real hard in the twisties.
:agree: 33,000 on mine and still got tread left. Keep it at 40/41 PSI. YMMV

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
The Bt45 is an OK tire..its problem is the buzz in the handlebars at 35..40 mph...Very few mention this...The better tire is the G701...it is still a dual compound ..still has the high mileage but without the handlebar buzz.....Its a super tire for long distance....

Check my Sig link for place to buy....

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Is this a Directional tire I seem to have read that someone on the post said they put in on the opposite direction for that same reason of the
buzz.

correct me if I'm wrong

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Is this a Directional tire I seem to have read that someone on the post said they put in on the opposite direction for that same reason of the
buzz.

correct me if I'm wrong
I've run the BT45's both direction, zero difference in all respects to me. Just MHO.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Took mine off at 35,000 miles. Tread left but was starting to cup.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
buzz.

correct me if I'm wrong
As I recall without checking.... The tread grooves on the Bt45 come closer to the center line than the 701 ..so you have an interrupted tread pattern hence the buzz.....The 701 tread pattern doesn't come as close to the center line of the tire hence no buzz...

·
Registered
407 Posts
no complaints

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Bt45

I've put a new BT45 on my bike each spring for the last four years. 30-34, 000 miles each summer. I like the tire.

Kurt

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Who's got the best price at the time? I need three of them.

of course I know Google... Just thought someone might have just have done the homework....

TIA!

:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Rockymountainatv.com is usually about $110 delivered.

sent from my Galaxy S4 using Taptalk

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
American Motorcycle Tire.....$106.63, free shipping.

done(x3)

:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts