GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fully expected the run around I am getting in my attempts to get my yoko zps installed...if the potential installer knows it is going on a motorcycle.
However, I was not expecting the issues with the BT45.

I figured that asking a motorcycle dealer to put a motorcycle tire on a motorcycle rim would be easy.
But it has not been. Two shops have refused to put the tire on my bike because it is "a rear tire".

Have the rest of you had that problem with the BT45?
Are you taking the bike in to have the tire put on, or are you having to take the tire off yourself and only let them see the rim?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Bt-45

Small town, first name basis with local dealer helps. No problem. Just had one installed. The only question was, do you want to run it reverse or forward.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Install it myself with a little lube and spoons. Front tire is easy. Run Centramatics so no extra balancing needed. The rear run flats are a bit more of a challenge.

·
Registered
260 Posts
No problem here. Even told dealer it was a rear tire, service manager scratched his head and said " it's your bike". After they installed it the tech road the bike to check it out and could not believe the ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts