GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a replacement to the Butler.

Say hi to my little friend, The Bubba Keg.

http://www.bubbakeg.com

the Bubba keg 34 oz cup will fit the larger Butler cup holder.

Van

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I am glad you brought that up. i have 5 of those I bought to use in my van because they fit the drink holders well. How ever there is a problem with them. The rubber seal will break through repeated wear. And acording to the company they will not sell replacement seal. They will tell you to go buy another cup.

So there will be no more Bubba Cups for me. Just thought I would let you know. Funny cause i had emailed them twice and they would not answer so I called today and was told to buy another cup. Leave it to you to figure out what I told them.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dive Master said:
I am glad you brought that up. i have 5 of those I bought to use in my van because they fit the drink holders well. How ever there is a problem with them. The rubber seal will break through repeated wear. And acording to the company they will not sell replacement seal. They will tell you to go buy another cup.

So there will be no more Bubba Cups for me. Just thought I would let you know. Funny cause i had emailed them twice and they would not answer so I called today and was told to buy another cup. Leave it to you to figure out what I told them.
Ok, There is an alternative solution. Quick Trip (gasoline station here in GA) have cups made but the same company as the Butler. I have one of these too. It is a perfect fit and it's cheep!

http://www.quiktrip.com/

BTW The Butler cup cost some boo koo bucks ($45 I think) and the Bubba Keg cup is cheap in comparison. I choose the Bubba Cup.
Hope this helps

Van

·
Registered
615 Posts
VanDyer, (the 34 oz.? )they fit in the larger Butler ring. Still like $10-15 to get the ring (cup holder)

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yellowwing1 said:
VanDyer, (the 34 oz.? )they fit in the larger Butler ring. Still like $10-15 to get the ring (cup holder)
Yes it fits the larg ring. For 6.99 at Target or Wlamart, if it craps out I'll buy another one. Don't know about the Ring, Got the mount and ring free.

Van 8)

·
Registered
442 Posts
Got one at Wal-Mart when I forgot my butler on a trip, cost $4.75. Works for me and if it craps out I'll just get another one.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dive Master said:
I am not looking for a cup, just wanted everyone to know what will happen if your seal breaks. Company is not much help.
OK Thanks,

Regardless of durability, the Bubba Keg is available every place at $6.99 VS $45 for the Butler cup...Um… I’m guessing $7 wins. :oops: :oops: Even if you want an exact fit cup you can get one at QT.

I have both of them. I use the QT cup to hold stuff and a Bottle of water from time to time. I use the Bubba Keg for my morning Coffee and swap them out as needed.

Van 8)

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Shoundog said:
Got one at Wal-Mart when I forgot my butler on a trip, cost $4.75. Works for me and if it craps out I'll just get another one.
Woo Hoo!

Dats what I'm talking about! My Wife said that she got mine at target for about $7. It was free to me but I hate it when she paid too much!

Any way, good deal!

Van 8)

·
Registered
657 Posts
Van...he's alive! Hey Van, how is my old ride doing?
Dennis

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I have both Bubba cups the 34 oz and the 52 oz bought at Wal*Mart for under $5. I haven't yet installed it on my wing. I didn't know that the Butler ring would hold it. Around the home both cups keep my drinks cold for at least 12 hours.

Can you purchase the Butler ring and its harware without the cup?

I too had leaks after some use. What I found was to remove the top, flip the top over so you can see the rubber seal, carefully remove the seal and remember how it went on.

Seal isn't flat and needs to replaced in the same spot and manner as it was removed.

Clean seal, clean the channel where seal is inserted. Replace seal as noted above.

This usually remedies any leaks. 8)

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
They're great cups.. We've had them for a couple years... I was in home depot the other day and they now have 3 GALLON bubba kegs... We have a smaller keg and put tea in it on trips in the cage, and its stays cold for a couple days..

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
657 Posts
Van

Still over here in Kabul, will be home in 23 days, can't wait. Sorry about the comment on your other post, I just realized (though I haven't checked yet) that the post probably was on the Honda vs Harley forum.
Dennis

1 - 15 of 15 Posts