GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Lucky would have been seeing the hazard in time to react and take action to avoid crashing, fortunate to live to tell the tale though. :shock:

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Can't help but think that the way a crotch rider is positioned that the rear of the bike would tend to come up higher on an unexpected ramp like that.

At the same time, the 1800 would be less likely to pitch the rider forwards because of rider position and weight distribution. :shrug:

Might be fun, if you knew it was coming. :yes1:

·
Registered
19,054 Posts
Hope the rider recovers. I see a lawsuit on the horizon in that he was on a Oklahoma Turnpike. On a toll road the owner(state)has an implied contract to maintain a safe rideable surface. Being this was daytime they should have been aware of this buckling of the road

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
I see his point about the protective gear. I ride mostly without a helmet and do not use my leather jacket when hot out. I do wear boots so at least my feet may be saved.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Failure to maintain control

Why didn't he just Kneivel the ramped roadway? I think he panicked and locked up his front brake, flipping the rear up and him off the bike.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Why didn't he just Kneivel the ramped roadway? I think he panicked and locked up his front brake, flipping the rear up and him off the bike.
I would say he did not see it coming until he was right on top of it! :shrug:

·
Registered
347 Posts
I would say he did not see it coming until he was right on top of it! :shrug:
I would say, you are correct. Anyone who's actually ridden on the Cimmaron Turnpike know's that it has a 75 mph speed limit. So most run around 80 or so. Where this incident occured, is right at the Pawnee exit. I'm sure he was watching the exiting and merging traffic. So he was at the buckle before he could do anything. Was at the same spot Sunday. The OTA (Oklahoma Turnpike Authority) did what they always' do. Instead of fixing it, they put cone's around the area to direct traffic to one lane. It's still that way, and I would bet it will be that way for month's. The OTA build's the worst road's I've ever seen.

·
Registered
16,858 Posts
That happends around here too on concrete highways with steep grades. Most of the construction now is limited to asphalt.

prs

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Can't help but think that the way a crotch rider is positioned that the rear of the bike would tend to come up higher on an unexpected ramp like that.

At the same time, the 1800 would be less likely to pitch the rider forwards because of rider position and weight distribution. :shrug:

Might be fun, if you knew it was coming. :yes1:

I was thinking the same thing.:thumbup:

The wing has a much longer wheel base than a rocket and that is the differennce in saying "Weeee" instead of "This is going to hurt".

I have a favorite road where I get the bike airborn at 95.I'm not talking feet in the air,But I can feel the bike unload and hear the rear tire chirp when it touches back down..Where is this road again.:shrug:

·
Registered
366 Posts
I see his point about the protective gear. I ride mostly without a helmet and do not use my leather jacket when hot out. I do wear boots so at least my feet may be saved.
You will have the best looking feet in the mortuary! Good Luck!!! :22yikes:

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
You will have the best looking feet in the mortuary! Good Luck!!! :22yikes:
Now see.I would of gone with protective gloves.WHY?-Everyone knows they can't identify you by your feet.
It takes 7 years to declare you dead if you're in pieces after a crash,unless they can prove it by finger prints.
Making your family wait 7 year before they can replace you-well :wrong:

I don't care if you want to wear a helmet or not,Seeing they don't use brains for transplants anyways.Besides who would want one that was already dead before the crash anyways.:eek:4:lol (just kidding)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts