GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you know (those who were at the Tavares Lunch), I decided to start up a "Bucks for Beverly" fund. For now, this is just a simple "pass the hat" deal to collect some donations at the lunches we attend here in Florida. At the Tavares Lunch everyone dug into their pockets for a total of $121. :clap2::clap2:

The idea is to have some money to spend on Beverly, depending on what's appropriate or needed. For example, once she's more coherent and out of ICU, we can send her flowers (maybe once a week, if possible), buy more flamingos, buy supplies when the time comes to modify her house to be accessible, etc, etc. The list is endless. In fact I even received a PM from a GL1800Riders member (OldbikerTom) who suggested asking everyone on GL1800Riders to send $1, and we could likely raise enough to buy her a new trike. I dont know if that would fly, but who knows.

I've also received many PMs from folks on GL1800Riders asking about where to send donations, so I'm looking into setting up some sort of PayPal account, or maybe even a trust account at the bank, to accept donations for Beverly.

In the meantime, I'll be bringing the "Bucks for Beverly" box to future lunches, and after I have a chance to check with the organizers, probably also to Cats-Cade and the Smokey Mountain Ride In. I'm also going to suggest that groups all around the country, when they have a ride somewhere, or a lunch gathering, collect a few "Bucks for Beverly" to help out.

I know all of Beverly's friends, both personal and on-line, here on GL1800Riders are anxious to help out in any way they can. The outpouring has been absolutely amazing, but in the end Beverly is going to need more help and support than any one of us can provide. This may help.

Right now, I'm only posting this in the Florida Forum, but if it seems like a good idea, I'll post it in other forums too. Comments and suggestions are appreciated.

-

·
Registered
608 Posts
I think it is a great idea Brian. I know that her house will need to be made wheel chair friendly and several of us have volunteered to do some of that work when it is necessary. The "Bucks" could go a long way toward seeing that part of her problems taken care of.

Just glad you have taken on this project because I felt we needed something but was totally lost as to how to start and manage something like this.

Jeff

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Brian- If you don't mind some New Jersey money would you either post your address or PM me with it so I can send something. Thanks for all your efforts,Bob Nordt (Bnordt04) I may have to change that I bought a new bike:?:.

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Brian- If you don't mind some New Jersey money would you either post your address or PM me with it so I can send something. Thanks for all your efforts,Bob Nordt (Bnordt04) I may have to change that I bought a new bike:?:.
Thanks Bob. Once I get some feedback from folks down here and get things rolling, I'll be sending out info all over the place, and I know the New Jersey folks especially, will want to help out

I still have to figure out the best way to manage all this..., especially the legalities. ;)

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
When the time comes I am sure we can come up with enough people who are jack of all trades to construct anything needed to make her house ready for her. Someone who lives close could take a picture of her entrance door and back door and email me I will see what can be done.

It is times like these when the board members coming together that show the true colors of the content of their character.

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When the time comes I am sure we can come up with enough people who are jack of all trades to construct anything needed to make her house ready for her. Someone who lives close could take a picture of her entrance door and back door and email me I will see what can be done.
Hey Snoopy..., we missed you at lunch yesterday... I even had a name tag all ready for you... :cool:

Jeff (Skeeterbeater), who has been posting the updates on Beverly's condition has been giving some thought to making Beverly's house wheelchair accessible. Why not touch base with him and see what you can come up with. I know several folks on GL1800Riders have offered tools and time to help out. Hopefully, "Bucks for Beverly" will be able to help with buying lumber and all the other supplies that will be needed.

-

·
Registered
9,112 Posts
I'm not 100% positive on this, but I believe her house is already wheelchair accessible since she was in a wheelchair previously. I'm sure this is something Jeff could find out from Rene.

Brian,

Be sure to bring the "box" to Bike Week, Cats-Cade, the Smoky Mountain Ride In, Wingstock and any other event we have. I'll be toting the "nose-piece" from her bike as well so everyone gets a chance to sign it.

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not 100% positive on this, but I believe her house is already wheelchair accessible since she was in a wheelchair previously. I'm sure this is something Jeff could find out from Rene.
I hjad thought about that myself, and I keep forgetting to ask Jeff about it. I'll send him an email tonight.

Be sure to bring the "box" to Bike Week, Cats-Cade, the Smoky Mountain Ride In, Wingstock and any other event we have. I'll be toting the "nose-piece" from her bike as well so everyone gets a chance to sign it.
That's my idea. And any event I wont be attending, I'll try and hand the box of to someone else. I wont likely be going to WingStock, but I will be at the other three.

-

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
I'll pass the box around at Wingstock. It' scheduled, again, for the last weekend in September.:thumbup:

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll pass the box around at Wingstock. It' scheduled, again, for the last weekend in September.:thumbup:
That'll be great! I dont think I'll be able to get there (but you never know), so I'll try and get the "Bucks For Beverly!" box to Bart or someone else that's going. :clap2:
-

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
www.bucksforbeverly.com

-
Well folks..., it's taken a bit of time, but the "Bucks For Beverly" web site is up and running (see my sig). It's pretty basic, but I've had so many requests from folks all over the country about sending in donations that I wanted to get something going.

You'll be able to make donations through PayPal (I hope), keep up on the latest news about Beverly, and even send her e-mails. I have a few other plans up my sleeve, but more about that later. For now, I just wanted to get something going.

Check it out, make a donation, and spread the word...

-

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
...nice job Brian.:yes1:

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
:thumbup::congrats::bow::yes1:

·
Banned
3,711 Posts
Please let us know what Bank or pay pal please :thumbup:

·
Banned
3,711 Posts
Thanks and you have a pm :thumbup:

·
Registered
747 Posts
Well done Brian. I do not know Beverly but feel like I am missing out. My check is in the mail. Thanks for the opportunity to be part of something meaningful.:yes1:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts