GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a M/S Fats 21 windshield. It has been mounted from low to high. Still, any speed over 65 caused major buffiting. Recently I have found a Co. that sells an edging that installs on the edge of the window that they claim will stop the buffiting. The name of the product is Saeng Stealth Edging. Anyone know about this?
I called M/S and they said I should buy lowers. Having a hard time figuring how lowers will stop buffiting caused by wind coming over the top of the windshield. IDEAS/THOUGHTS??

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
At $12 a foot it gets expensive, and lowers the gas milage for sure. Why no just get a differant windshield. That split shield that is adjustable looks good. Made by fire creek. Air scoops between the two shields and is easily changed in height. Met one person with it and he loved it.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I've got the Saeng edge on my stock window and it hasn't affected milage. It does smooth out the air at all speeds unless you are in "wake turbulence". Unfortunately, its hard to find clear air around SE Michigan so as long as you are behind other traffic, you have buffeting.
My next step will be an electric Windbender from Fire Creek when I can afford it.

·
Chard Member
13,072 Posts
Well, I know your not talking about a Wing. Yes, the lowers on the cruisers does really help the buffeting. I installed a smal set of Hondaline fork wind deflectors on one of my Valks and it made a world of difference.

If we knew what type of bike you are talking about, it might help! This is a "Wing" board and you're not talking about a Wing! Memphis Shades doesn't build a shield for the 1800 yet! :(

Was you looking for BigBikeRiders.com instead of this Wing board?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts