GL1800Riders Forums banner

Bug in latest update?

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Roadie 
#1 ·
Since the update, if I’m using the bikes’ GPS and have my iPhone plugged in... a text or a phone call causes the screen to jump to the main menu.
Anyone else seeing this?

#6 ·
I also noticed today that when running in Car play mode using Google maps and playing music from my phone that it automatically changes to split screen. I don’t like running in split screen when on unfamiliar back roads. I like the full screen so I can see upcoming curves in the road easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
There were other non-AA updates included. I believe the maps are updated, as well as a few other tidbits. It's not a big update, aside from AA, so skipping it is a fine choice if you'd rather... But I wouldn't tell people NOT to do it, personally. I haven't had any issues, despite being an iPhone user.

#11 ·
The update makes the system nicer than it was before. I like the new map colors and the street names are larger now. I like that the speed limit is displayed now..the maps are also updated...the rear speakers also sound louder and better if you like to listen thru speakers..the bike is just a bit nicer than it was and there is no down side to upgrading.

#15 ·
and on the plus side..the system remembers the last song on my iPod and starts where it left off...I am thrilled with how nice this bike works
with the iPod..don't understand why anyone would use a usb stick after reading all the complaints when the iPod works perfectly with this bikes system.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.