·
Registered
532 Posts
Bugs

Peroxide in a spray bottle cheap but very good

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Been using it for years. Like the way it works.
Go to car wash, spray bike down with it. Wait 20-30 secs, rinse of and ride off into sunset

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I think hydrogen peroxide works much better than Bugs B Gone. Better yet, use water...soak a towel in it and drape it over the windshield and nose of the fairing for a few minutes and those bugs will wipe off easily.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I've used both the Bugs Be Gone and hydrogen peroxide. Both work, but I think the BBG works a little better. It should. It costs a lot more!

·
Registered
906 Posts
I have heard that if the strength of the hydrogen peroxide mixture is too strong and it gets on the bike's paint it could have a detrimental effect on the paint. I think that I read it here on the board.

Joe in Redding

·
Registered
584 Posts
I use Plexus on the windshield and I also wipe down the whole bike with it. I don't like getting water on the bike too often.

Plexus seems to work well, but we really don't have a lot of bugs in Arizona compared to other areas...

·
Registered
312 Posts
Bugs are water soluable, thus, just put a wet towel over the buggy spot, and let it sit for about 5 to 10 minutes. They will just melt right off. No need for the chems. I've had the best luck using a clay bar to get rid of all the residual marks that the bugs leave on the surface that the water will leave behind. Plus, the clay bar gets the surface extremely smooth and allows for better waxing. I have used the clay bar on the clear plastics and plastic chrome too, and followed the directions on the package, making sure not to let the clay get dry. Both the windshield and headlights are still clear, and scratch free. I'm a huge fan of the clay bar, and I believe it works like a champ.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
I have heard that if the strength of the hydrogen peroxide mixture is too strong and it gets on the bike's paint it could have a detrimental effect on the paint. I think that I read it here on the board.

Joe in Redding
Peroxide is only 3%, the rest water. Been using it on Love Bugs down here for many years with no problem with the paint. Wet towels work for the windshield and front faring BUT the cracks and crannys around the headlights and other places cannot be covered with a towel. Peroxide sprayed into these areas desolves them and then wash them out with water.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
No Sir, you buy it already diluted and then use it as is........I live where the love bugs are ridiculous, twice a year. I carry a squirt bottle during those times just in case I get into them........geezz they are a mess. Hydrogen peroxide works.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Vote for Peroxide

:thumbup: I tried Peroxide after reading this forum and find it works great. I do use rubber gloves when I wipe it down as my hands react to the peroxide and get very sensitive, wierd but love the way the stuff works on bug guts. Use it on the truck and van too. Don't like giving Wally World much business but WW or Walgreens will get my buck (or less) for bug remover. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,630 Posts

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
If you have a Big Lots in your area, try them for peroxide. I bought 4 bottles for $.50 each, half the price of W W.

·
Registered
689 Posts
You can get HP in spray bottles now, seems at least one of the companies must have someone that is on this site.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts