GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2006 GoldWing a few weeks ago. LOVE IT!!
One problem...dead bugs in the front speakers. It seems that the bugs are getting there just like hitting the windshield except they are finding their way into the speakers. The bugs are splattered on the inside of the speaker grill. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Yep.....a little bit. When I put in my CB and removed that piece I noticed some bugs. Just took and old toothbrush and scubbed them out. that piece comes off very easily.

N

·
0 Posts
I had the same thing happen. I haven't added or removed anythin to the dash, just the stock bike. I had less than 100 miles when it first happened. Just let them dry our and eventually they will disintergrate out. I didn't bother taking everything apart to clean it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The grills are fixed but the how assembly comes lose without tools. If the bugs are bad just pop the whole piece lose and hit the grills with a little air. They seem to come and go behind the grills on mine.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Crab Killer said:
The grills are fixed but the how assembly comes lose without tools. If the bugs are bad just pop the whole piece lose and hit the grills with a little air. They seem to come and go behind the grills on mine.
Just remember to rehook all those wires back up when you reinstall it... :D

·
Registered
297 Posts
Bugs

I changed my air filter this morning, bugs in the speakers, in the vents, even had bugs in the air filter, it is a lot easer to remove the bugs from the speakers than it is the wind screen. The only way to avoid bugs is to ride only in the winter, and even that doesn't work everwhere. Riding motorcycles and bugs go hand in hand.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bugs

Yes, we have an 06' with about 1000 miles and noticed the bugs. We just take a shop vac and a brush and clean them out.

I

·
0 Posts
Fred H. said:
Save em, they make a good snack on the side of the road in case you break down.
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I prefer the ones without stingers that get caught in my throat.

On a serious note, and in keeping with my personal practice of trying not to respond to a post without offering something of value (even if only my often rediculous personal opinion), I have not had any problem with critters inside of my 02 speaker grills. Why don't I seem to have that problem ?? I have no idea. Maybe just dumb luck. Sorry...not much help.

Ride safe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts