GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone built their own trailer??? I looking to build a trailer to tow behind my wing, something simple and low tech. After seeing so many trailers on my last trip - I'd like to try using one. I'm looking for a used trailer that is close to NJ, but no luck. So I thought if someone else has gone this route before, they would share plans, photos, ideas.

Thanks

·
Administrator
3,843 Posts
Has anyone built their own trailer??? I looking to build a trailer to tow behind my wing, something simple and low tech. After seeing so many trailers on my last trip - I'd like to try using one. I'm looking for a used trailer that is close to NJ, but no luck. So I thought if someone else has gone this route before, they would share plans, photos, ideas.

Thanks
Tim, go on over to the Trailer forum on this site. It's under the sub-boards. There is a lot of information on trailers and trailer building there.

Welcome aboard,
Glen

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Most have built on the Harbor Freight frame and Tulle box. Quickest and cheapest way to go.

Some of us designed and built our own frames and some have even built the box. Not as cheap or quick as the former.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great stuff = thanks guys. I now have many ideas, this was exactly what I was looking for. I may even contact some when I start the build project this summer.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Opps...I see you've been there....like Fred said...there are a lot of fine folks here who enjoy doing relays just to meet other members!

·
Registered
897 Posts
I would suggest you go to some of the sites listed. One rule I seem to remember is the length of the trailer tongue in relation to the width of the axle.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Another angle, retired jet ski trailer for foundation

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bill 52 mentioned something about tongue length and trailer length - does anyone know of a site to learn more about this issue???

thanks

·
Registered
352 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts