GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 with the built in Navigation system. I never had a GPS prior to this and it seems to be pretty intuitive to use. On a trip to North Carolina I used the find feature to find a restaurant my wife and I wanted to eat at. I plugged the street address in and it led me right to it. After leaving the restaurant and the whole way home to Pennsylvania, the unit kept recaculating to take me back to the restuarant. I've been playing with it and trying to get it to stop finding and recaculating a route back to the restaurant, but I can't figure it out. If anybody knows how to get me off this path, it would be much appreciated. I've been reading the navigation book that comes with the owner's manual and playing with the edit feature to no avail.

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Nav

A book, I usually only do this in mid route if I have a change of plans. Try this it should work for you too. 1st push menu, 2nd select route to, then go to the bottomright corner of the screen and highlight delete route, then hit enter again and your done. T.

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
go to the menue page, select route, select stop at the bottom of the page.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Abook a good feature on it is, if you do not know the address or you just want to see what is there you can go to find from the menu then favorite places the go to the top ALL FOVORITE PLACES. Now it is almost like the yellow pages, you choose frome places to stay, places to eat divided by specialities. This is fantastic when you are in Ohio hunting a place to stay.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FROM KYBLUE
<<go to the menue page, select route, select stop at the bottom of the page>>

thank you very much...that corrected it.

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
ABook said:
FROM KYBLUE
<<go to the menue page, select route, select stop at the bottom of the page>>

thank you very much...that corrected it.
You're very welcome, I have a lot to learn on the Honda system, but that's much the same as the 2720 that I have works....now if someone comes up with a way to update the software that will allow us to remove the CF card and download routes Etc from the PC and pop it back in, that would to cool.....Hey Honda, ya listening?????????

Maybe we can get La Monster to delete the Harley vs Honda threads and replace it with a Honda GPS information section.....as more and more wing are bought with the GPS, I can see more and more questions...but I guess that's what the GPS index is for...still delete the other index....

·
Registered
156 Posts
I posted this on another site and thought I would post it here too because of the frequency of this topic on this site.

Just completed an 1800 mile trip from Phoenix to Santa Cruz via CA Highway 1 and Highway 25 out of Hollister. Nice trip! Used the Honda GPS exclusively for navigation. My observations:
1. The color display is bright and easy to read in all lighting conditions including direct sunlight on the display.
2. I used the POIs to find motels and restaurants on several occassions and they worked perfectly. Yes, you have to stop to do this but that is not all bad as you can devote your full attention to it only when stopped.
3. Programming a route will not necessarily take you on the roads you wish to go. For example, from Ventura CA to San Simeon, it will almost always take you on the freeways (101) when I preferred to go via Hwy 1. I solved this by entering towns on Hwy 1 as VIAs. Sometimes several towns to prevent Freeways. The only problem with this is that when entering the VIA town, the GPS would usually route you off-Hwy 1 to some predetermined point in town (city hall? town square?) then back again to Hwy 1. I learned to ignore this 'side-trip' and continue on Hwy 1 and the GPS would eventually 'forget' the side trip and continue on the planned route. I wonder if anyone has determined a better solution for routing than town VIAs to force a certain route.

All in all, I liked the GPS and its performance. And not once did I worry about someone stealing it. I am an experienced GPS user in aircraft and cars and own two portable units beside the Honda.

BTW, at the southern end of 25 is a road called Peachtree that will take you into Paso Robles. You might want to avoid that route. Gravel. Blind hills. Blind curves. Heavy crown. Combinations of all four with 300 foot drop offs and no shoulder. Not a comfotrtable ride.

Ed Hamilton
'06 ABS

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
I think, again I think that instead of using towns, you could use the "arrow pointer" and just place the pointer on the hwy ( as in Hwy 1 for you) and select "enter" and then select " route to" and it would take you to that place on the road. No need to route to a town.

I could be wrong ( oh no, not me) but that should work also...maybe...huh?

·
Registered
24 Posts
towmoter said:
Abook a good feature on it is, if you do not know the address or you just want to see what is there you can go to find from the menu then favorite places the go to the top ALL FOVORITE PLACES. Now it is almost like the yellow pages, you choose frome places to stay, places to eat divided by specialities. This is fantastic when you are in Ohio hunting a place to stay.
Hey Richard,

I tried to use your example to find "All Favorite Places" and it does not work for me? Are you sure about the sequence.

Billy Joe..

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
Billy Joe said:
towmoter said:
Hey Richard,

I tried to use your example to find "All Favorite Places" and it does not work for me? Are you sure about the sequence.

Billy Joe..
You have to select "near here" for it to show places near you, if not it'll show stuff far away....

·
Registered
871 Posts
Hey KY,

As for your question about adding via's with the pointer: I spent 20 mins in the garage trying to create a route to Daytona for tomorrow. I added favorites at all intersections along the route I WANTED to go, then let the system compute the route to the Speedway.

I then attempted to add via's (in reverse order) to make the system re-route to my desired track. It did what the previous poster said: routed out to the favorite, then BACK to the computer's idea of a route.

I then tried adding a via using the pointer but again, the system routed me to the via then back to the computer route.

I'm heading out to the garage now to see if I can figure out how to make it go to Daytona the way I want to....

Stay safe,

Lance

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
Themobb said:
Hey KY,

As for your question about adding via's with the pointer: I spent 20 mins in the garage trying to create a route to Daytona for tomorrow. I added favorites at all intersections along the route I WANTED to go, then let the system compute the route to the Speedway.

I then attempted to add via's (in reverse order) to make the system re-route to my desired track. It did what the previous poster said: routed out to the favorite, then BACK to the computer's idea of a route.

I then tried adding a via using the pointer but again, the system routed me to the via then back to the computer route.

I'm heading out to the garage now to see if I can figure out how to make it go to Daytona the way I want to....

Stay safe,

Lance
I haven't got to play with the Nav system much, I just though that would work or should work, you 're marking that location.....
let me know what you discover....this Nav system is most likely a great system, it's just going to take all of us fooling with it and sharing the information.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts