GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and I are lookin for a nice camp ground on the lake,. to spend the week of 5-17 thru 5-25.

was lookin for any suggestions.

Thanks.

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,872 Posts
You will find a camp ground area just East of the Dam called Lakeview. I never camped there, but several years ago I had a pontoon boat at that Marina. The camp ground looked like a nice area.

To find it, take highway 5 north a few miles out of Mountain Home. In Midway, take highway 178 west to Lakeview.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, we are lookin at the state park at the dam and Buck creek, and we are checkin in to Lakeview. looks like a lot at the Dam are taken already.

Thanks again

·
Registered
466 Posts
good choice

I've stayed at the State Park campgrounds by the dam and the Corp Of Engineer campground at Lakeview, and both are excellent places. If I had to choose between the 2 I would choose the State Park because it is right on the White River banks and I love to trout fish there. If you know when you are going to be there I would make reservations at the State Park well in advance because it books up quick. If you can't get a site at the state park then Lakeview is maybe 5 miles from there. The town of Bull Shoals has a couple good restaurants and a good grocery store just across the dam.

http://bullshoals.ws/camping/bull-sh...er-state-park/

http://www.arkansas.com/outdoors/camping/corps/detail.aspx?park=Bull+Shoals+Lake+Area

Lakeview Recreation Area & Campground (A-5)

• Campsites:

78 RV/Tent; 26 with W/E; 52 with E
    North of Lakeview on Ark. 178
  • Attractions:

Wooded campsites on a bluff overlooking Bull Shoals Lake
  • Facilities:

Flush and vault toilets, showers, drinking water, trailer dump station, launching ramp, swim area, playground, hiking trail, 2 picnic shelters, and marina. Pets must be leashed at all times.
  • Accessible?:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts