GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bulldog,

Did you decide to order the the Garmin 2610 yet? If so, where did you find your best deal? I'm also in the market for one for Christmas as well. Did not see any more posts on what your decision was or if your ordered one. Appreciate a response back. If anyone else knows who has the best deal going on the 2610, please post it.

Thanks
Crewsn :roll:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Bulldog and Eagle Eye. I'm heading to both web sites and check prices.

Crewsn :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Eagle Eye,

I checked out your site and it would cost me $755.90 delivered. That was $2 cheaper than my guys. However I did get second day AIR shipping.

Thanks for the Link

Bulldog

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
My new 2610's should be here by Wednesday at the latest. Looks like I will be having a Street pilot III going up for sale pretty soon. Man, Now I have to round up all the stuff it came with, Remove the Kennedy Harness, blah blah blah. :cus:

Thank heaven I have a luxurious, heated, stereoed, televisioned, bathroomed, tooled out, lift equipped 3 bay to work in..... :tools1:

Bulldog

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like you got it made with all that luxury. But who's gonna install your 2610's for you? :a13: By the way, I'm still surfing the net for the best price!

Crewsn

·
Registered
175 Posts
My wife asked what I wanted for Christmas. That was a mistake LOL. Told her I didn't need any new clothes. So what was left, a new 2610 Garmin :lol:. she said OKKKKKKKKKK. Just placed the order, should be here by Friday.

Panther

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just showed my wife the 2610 at Circuit City today, she said if that is what I wanted for Xmas then go ahead and buy it that it would save her the trouble. Guess I will order one online tonight.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Eagle,

I like your mount for the 2610. The ram mounts are not out yet and I have not heard from Tom Finch (Texelent) about his progress on his mount. ( Tom are you listening?)

I might need your ideas on what you did.

I get both of my 2610's tomorrow. I am like a damned little kid, the nite before Christmas.

I put my SP III up for sale on the classified board, so as not to jinx tomorrows delivery...LOL

Bulldog

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
With the 2610 ... can you put in coordinates and have it get you to those coordinates?

I have a Garmin V and (as far as I can tell) it does not have that capability. I was not thinking about that for a highway route I was thinking that it would be good to locate a specific fishing spot out in open water.

The Wing does not get near open water unless it is raining :lol:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Roadrunner,

It is my understanding that the SPIII and the 2610 are unsuitable for off road use. This is based on the mapping that is issued for these GPS types/

Looks like you might want to invest in an inexpensive TOPO type GPS.

Happy Holidays

Bulldog

G

·
0 Posts
To route to a specific set of coordinates...

Once you have a waypoint stored you can edit it and change the latitude, longitude, and elevation to whatever you want. (start by storing a new waypoint if you don't want to alter an existing one). You can then route to that waypoint.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Garmin

Hey kperson!

Thanks for the info. I will try it out next time I can.

Thanks abunch!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts