GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
The 2006-2007 Air Bag Model GL1800 uses a new fog light kit. The air bag model uses a different switch than the other models.

So anyone who plays around with electrical please be advised. Yes Lewis I am taalking about you.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
I should have posted the bulletin for Honda...lol:

http://www.gl1800riders.com/forums/view ... light=2006

Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:40 pm Post subject: 2006 w/ Airbag Foglight Application

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honda changed the mounting tabs and available depth where the OEM foglight switch mounts. The current Hondaline and Show Chrome switch will NOT fit. The dealers have no knowledge of this and there appears to be no additional part number for the Honda light kit for the Airbag model.

Our 01271 - 01274 kits will fit the Airbag model.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
I still think one of these days we're going to hear, (I know, Honda claims it's impossible), that someone working on those airbag Goldwings is going to take a ride to the ceiling of their garage in 1.2 seconds.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Fortunately, airbag wiring is covered in a BRIGHT yellow loom. You would have to have a chain of events so incredible (key on, bike moving, correct type of impact, etc) for the bag to inflate. The same issues were brought forward with the car audio installers when airbags were first introduced years ago.

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Lewis/EC said:
Fortunately, airbag wiring is covered in a BRIGHT yellow loom. You would have to have a chain of events so incredible (key on, bike moving, correct type of impact, etc) for the bag to inflate. The same issues were brought forward with the car audio installers when airbags were first introduced years ago.
Seems like the yellow loom would make someone want to play with it first.

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
Hal @ Honda Direct Line said:
Only a Loom-a-tic

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
ronbien said:
Hal @ Honda Direct Line said:
Only a Loom-a-tic
ouch :roll:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts