GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was so psyched about getting my new Kumho via UPS tonight, getting it mounted and balanced tomorrow am, then losing my 'Darkside' cherry shortly thereafter, but UPS has been and gone and it wasn't on the truck, so I've got to wait until Monday....

Honestly have you ever heard anything so sad..... a grown man in his 50's excited about a bloody tire ?

I've got to vent here since my wife doesn't understand me....... :cry:

Ride safe guys

John

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
ok, so the subject here is tires . . . .

However, does a wife ever understand a husband regardless of the subject matter?????

:wrong:

·
DSI Keeper
9,169 Posts
Biggles, you came to the right place. We DO understand. Hang in there, the weekend is only two days long. Before you know it, the guy in the brown truck will be there. Just don't hound the guy when he carries it to your door. :)

In the meantime, I sent you a PM to help soothe the wait.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Biggles,

If you have a tracking number go online and see where it is. If it is at the local UPS depot see if you can pick it up there tomorrow and still be on the road this weekend. Maybe it can still be possible. If not the time spent trying will pass the time away some.

·
Smoky
1,190 Posts
Biggles 607,
We understand :biggrin: !
But the wifes and naysayers just don't get it :eek:4: ! hahahahaha

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Welcome ( Almost ) to the DARKSIDE....... :flg:
Don't forget to get your # an Decal....

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I was too, couldn't wait to try it out. Now I'm on my 3rd CT

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update #1

Thanks for all your very positive responses and welcomes.

I've just returned from putting the first 100 miles on the new Kumho.

Janine was out, it's a glorious sunny day, so I finally had the opportunity put some miles on it solo to get used to the 'feel'.

The softness and silence of the ride I found very dramatic. We have a length of road between Kissimmee and St. Cloud that always gets a comment from the rear, it's abysmal, the surface is rutted, and grooved like a tire test track ought to be, imagine the ripples you see on sand dunes in the desert (Think Lawrence of Arabia) made of blacktop going across your path, well that's Neptune Road. Today I'd made it to the traffic lights at Kissimmee Park Road before I realized my spine had not endured the previous jarring I subjected it too. Hmmm, maybe there's something in this 'Darkside' after all..... :smile:

I took a few twisties rather spiritedly and found the response to be crisp and positive, although at high speed on the straight and flat sections I found my positioning to be less precise that normal, but that's just me not yet used to the steering inputs required.

I am more conscious of counter steering now in all sweeping turns, and I must say it feels very natural with the feedback through the bars being much better than before.

In a nutshell, I'm running it at 30 psi and have found the tire to be phenomenal, it instills even greater confidence in the machine and feels as sure footed as I've ever felt on a motorcycle.

I'm still learning as always, and it does feel slightly different but nowwhere near as I thought it might be. Tonight we're out for some dinner so it'll be the first time 2 up, I anticipate much praise for my decision over the headset and no change in the handling. I'll keep you posted.

John

·
Registered
796 Posts
John,

Glad you like the tire. I know I have sure enjoyed it, and like you, I've felt more confident in the bike than before. My wife tells me that the ride for her is much softer and smoother, I'm sure your sweetie will give the same review. Have fun.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I was so psyched about getting my new Kumho via UPS tonight, getting it mounted and balanced tomorrow am, then losing my 'Darkside' cherry shortly thereafter, but UPS has been and gone and it wasn't on the truck, so I've got to wait until Monday....

Honestly have you ever heard anything so sad..... a grown man in his 50's excited about a bloody tire ?

I've got to vent here since my wife doesn't understand me....... :cry:

Ride safe guys

John
As a new "Dark Sider" my self, I understand totally. Been there, done that. Have fun with your Kuhmo cause I sure am. - hoverlover

1 - 13 of 13 Posts