GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered my 2004 ABS Black Wing about a week ago from my local dealer. Went back in today hoping to get some info on when it would be arriving only to be told there aren't any available from Honda right now and no time estimates when one will be available... What's up with that? He says Honda hasn't pumped out alot of the ABS models yet and is trying to catch up ... again ... what's up with that? ........Ruined my day. I guess any thing worth having is worth waiting for but man I'm itching to get that baby and now not even an ETA ... Real Downer ..

Donnie

·
Registered
218 Posts
I know how you feel. Ordered my 04 Candy Red ABS last November from a dealer I had purchased two other Goldwings. Went through three delivery dates before I was told it would be June before a Candy Red ABS would be available. Talked to Hal who found two in Maryland and even found he had one in the warehouse in Chicago. Bought it right then and there. Picked it up two weeks later at Hal's Ohio dealership.

My advice would be to talk to Hal. While my normal dealer kept saying none were available, Hal took the time and found exactly what I was looking for. Can't beat that with a stick!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Black 04 ABS. Did that!!
Does anyone know of a way to remove or hide the scratches? I’m Really, REALLY disappointed with Honda with their lack of any clear coat or other means to deal with the color black. Everything is plastic and all I see is scratch marks. I should have gone with another color.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Rocket,
I'm guessing the paint on yours is the same as my 02.
I use Maquiar's Scratch X to remove the scratches.
You are right about the quality.It should be much better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts