GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Very interesting...

But, if you hit a pedestrian (or anything else) with your handlebar at just about any speed, you're going down.

Not sure how much good it will actually do the pedestrian.

Maybe in a country where they're all riding tiny little scooters at 10 MPH.

???

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
I would think rounded front corners would be more pedestrian friendly. They need something over there as much as they run into each other, but do not think it is a bumper. :twisted:

·
Registered
443 Posts
A must have for those who ride their motorcycles down the sidewalk! Good thing he patented the idea cause everyone is sure to want to make illegal counterfeit copies of them! :shrug:

·
Registered
776 Posts
Maybe we should strap a blow up doll on the front of the bikes, then as we are riding down the street, pedestrians will stop and stare, and they won't walk out in front of a rider. :joke:

·
Registered
111 Posts
By the time the pedestrian reaches the handle bars in a Goldwing collision, he or she has gone through enough plastic and metal that the bumper would not make a difference.

·
Love The DCT
11,795 Posts
A must have for those who ride their motorcycles down the sidewalk! Good thing he patented the idea cause everyone is sure to want to make illegal counterfeit copies of them! :shrug:
I find it hilarious the patent was filed in CN as if that is going to stop someone from making illegal copies. :lol::lol::doorag:

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
You mean that with this product it'll be OK to target Pedestrians?

Wow! A new and challenging sport!

It's been my experience that Pedestrians are highly mobile and very tough to target reliably!

:joke:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
This is one of the side-effects of legalizing pot! :joke:

·
Registered
482 Posts
I followed the link to the translated patent, reminds me of the motorcycle manuals from the 60's and 70's for Japanese motorcycles. Always good for a chuckle. Except translating from Chinese to English is even more fun.

John

1 - 11 of 11 Posts