GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.Just got my used but great looking Bunkhouse .Cleaned up real good.Put the water to it and it leaks where the A/C unit goes in.I do not have the A/C in and it is all velcroed together.Does this happen to you?
I called Bunkhouse and they said to put a bead of Silicone on the top velcro strip.....? Is this correct? to stop the leak? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
It is leaking where the velcro strip is,like the velcro is not sealing well.Any way to stop that? Thanks

·
Registered
402 Posts
Mine didn't leak in the rain ,but the 1st time used the ac the water from the ac run into tent because didn't tilt it enough to outside .Lesson learned.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
I am not that familiar with the placement of the AC duct on the Bunkhouse, but I used "Seam Seal" from Walmart in the camping section to seal the seams on my new Roll-A-Home when I got it home last Oct. and did every seam with it. It goes on easy from the inside, and places where I thought would be high usage I put a second and third coat on. The bad thing is that it needs to sit open for 24 hours, but I had mine set up in the barn so there wasn't any chance of it getting wind, and wet. Not an option for all I know, but if you do it on a good hot day it will cure in just hours in stead of the whole day. May be worth looking into at least. One note: if the seam is the slightest bit tacky to the touch after a couple of hours it isn't set, and don't fold it up!!! Waite longer.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Mine hasn't leaked there yet. I did camp-dry the tent when I purchased it . I do this once a year. :D I am interested in how that silicon bead would look done. I know if I did it, well lets just say it wouldn't be picture perfect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts