GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gave recently tried to find bunkhouse on the web with no luck. I know they are no longer with bushtec. I have a contact number for the new owners. I just tried to call them and number not working.

I was getting ready to order a new tent and cover for when the bunkhouse is packed up. If they are closed, I am not sure where to go.

·
Registered
9,328 Posts
Sometimes, a company might have a Facebook presence, but not a traditional web-based presence.

Have you tried there?

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thinks that my wife tried the other night. I don't have or want an account.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Found this post on Motorcampers.com. There's a contact number you can call on the link.

This was dated 12/20/2018

Bunkhouse Campers closing?
Picked this up off another forum. Checked the web page but did not see any closing notice. Anyone know anything?

Bunkhouse Camper Trailers
2 hrs ·
Dear Bunkhouse Nation:
Regretfully, we must inform you that Bunkhouse Campers will be closing its doors on December 31, 2018.
It has been a great run and we have truly enjoyed serving you, our loyal customers.

We do have a few remaining campers and accessories available for purchase (while supplies last) from our dealer, Hometown Motorsports.
They can be reached at 740.374.4044 or visit them online at
www.hometownhonda.com

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guess I will call them tomorrow. Wish I could get ahold of who makes their tents.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Another option... the bunkhouse are almost identical to the Aspen campers. Aspen does sell replacement tents. The biggest difference between Aspen and Bunkhouse was that Aspen has their support poles inside where Bunkhouse had theirs on the outside. And Aspens have a deeper cargo area. You could always give Aspen a call and they may have more suggestions. From what I have heard, the original designer of the Aspen campers originally designed the bunkhouse but ended up leaving and designing the Aspens. Aspen does sell replacement tents.
http://aspenqualitytrailers.com/

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thought about calling aspen and seeing what they can do.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have called hometown honda without much success. After being on a long hold, they said that they no longer selling parts and accessories, but have couple of bunkhouses for sale. Out of curiosity, I ask how much a new one would be. Placed on hold again, sales picked up and said he would have to get a hold of the one person that would be able to help. I said no need to get them. If anyone has better success, reply with whoever you spoke with on the phone.

I called aspen and voicemail picked up. So I decided to fill out the contact us section. Hopefully they will be able to help out. I will let know what they said.

·
Registered
194 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I finally was able to get ahold of Peggy at aspen. They have never converted one, so they are not sure how/if it would work.

They have a summit complete, everything mounted on top deck, hinges and all for 2800,but they don't guarantee fit. Shipping would be about 500.

I could get all hinges and all. Then try to figure out spacing for hinges and all. But if I can't figure out, then I am stuck.

She did mention that a lady named Gayle from Michigan use to make the bunkhouse tents. She looked on Facebook trying to find contact info, but no luck. She mentioned joining the Bunkhouse Camper Owners Facebook Group and be able to find out there. As I mentioned before, I don't mess with Facebook.

So I'm trying to figure out what other options I have. I have to figure something out as I will be at the myrtle-beach spring rally in May. I have booked my campsite at the state park.

Well that's my update for now.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
If you need a new tent and cover, but still have your old tent and cover, I'd think any good upholstery shop that does boat canvas and pop-up camper work can duplicate the old one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts