GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking through the JC Whitney catalog last night and saw a 41 pc real burlwood trim kit for the 1800. Has anybody put this on the new wing yet? I've seen 1500's with the trim but haven't seen an 1800. I think it would look good on Silvergirl. Is $400 high for the real stuff?

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
there have been a few kits on ebay that have been a lot more reasonable than $400. i did purchase one of the ebay kits for my 1998 pacific coast, and it looks very nice.

it has the 3m red peel off adheasive on the back, fit very well and looks nice

loren

·
Registered
57 Posts
My 01 Black has the dark burlwood. I don't know what brand it is but it looks like Ken's Daytona brand. I am pleased with it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Burlwood

Ken, that looks awesome! That is the real thing, right? It looks awefully shiny. I may be ordering from those folks.

Thanks.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
check this out

ebay 2454243929

45 piece sat about $ 300 shipped for the 1800

another 23 piece addon set $ 150

real walnut burl

i purchased my pacific coast set from them for like $ 50

loren

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Burl Wood

Thanks for the picture and the link Ken. I loved the way the burlwood looks on yours so much, I called the good folks at Daytona Dashes and ordered up a set. Can't wait to get all of it put on.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Does anybody actually know how well these sets fit? I watched the Dash Boys at Americade installing their wares on a few bikes and it seemed as though they were doing a lot of sanding and trying it on, sanding & trying....

Looked great when they got it done though. I am sure that they were very picky and being professional about their install. I was just wondering from a layman's point of view, about the out of the box fitments without making adjustments?

Dawg

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Hey Dawg, you just gotta take your time in putting them on and make sure you have a hair dryer handy. If you follow their directions, you should have no problem. It's been over a year since I put mine on, but if I remember correctly, it took a little over and hour, all together. Make sure you clean all the surfaces as instructed. Only problem I've had is having to replace left speaker cover (stupid mechanic) and scratch on right pocket cover when I was drilling something and didn't pay attention to what the chuck was doing. Other than that, they shine up real nice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts