GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost a low beam bulb on our vacation, is there a better bulb out there I should be looking at or just replace it with a stock bulb?

THANKS

Kenny

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
My '02 burned out the left low beam then a year later that new one burned out. The dealer replaced both of them at no charge to me. It took him all of 5 minutes to change it. Go back to the dealer and have HIM change it for you. Forget the fake blue ION bulbs. I read a study that they actually put out less light than your stock OEM bulbs.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
The bulb is an H-7........After I changed mine to the phillips Hi intensity blue ? I was advised by others to use the "Silverstar by sylvania. I also changed the right one at the same time as it's been noted that when one burns out ? The opposite is not far behind. So I cahnged both of them. I only bought the blue because that's all auto zone had. But it was 55watts and I needed lights.....LOL The brightness is the same as the stock ones IMO...... :)

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Re: Burned out LOW beam bulb.....What should I replace it wi

skb_35 said:
I lost a low beam bulb...
As stated above, the bulb is an H7 and available at most automotive parts and even some convenience stores.

Learn to replace the bulb yourself...hardly any dealers open when you really need a new light.

Note: retain the plastic base from the original bulb, don't touch the glass of the new one, and don't try using a higher wattage replacement...the heat is intense and Honda does not warranty the lens covers (you won't believe the cost of a replacement).

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Silverstar by sylvania never lasted long enough for me so I went too HID's

I would replace both at the same time with just the stock ones if your happy with them.

Patrick

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
I keep a spare in my trunk. With 114,000 smiles on my '01 I've changed my share of lo beams.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Re: Burned out LOW beam bulb.....What should I replace it wi

skb_35 said:
Burned out LOW beam bulb.....What should I replace it with?
Kenny
One that works? :lol:

Now that we got that out of the way, I'll look at the answers so I'll know when the time comes. :D

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
The plastic base is reused....pull the old bulb off and stick the new bulb into it. There is no wrong way on it. Some folks have pulled the bulb out and seen the base and thought that was a different type of bulb.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Got an H7 at Checker Auto yesterday couldn't believe how expensive they are for a single bulb, I replaced both head lights on my jeep for less. Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts