GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me the years the burnt orange color was available for the GL1800?

·
Registered
686 Posts
2002 Sunburst Orange
2003 Jupiter Orange
2007 Crucible Orange

Just depends upon what you consider 'burnt' orange. More so the last year (2007), imho.

·
Grumpy Fart
5,109 Posts
I believe you're referring to the "crucible orange metallic" which was only available during the 2007 run. This highly desirable color is very rare as '07 was a short model year.

The 06's ran long and the 08's were introduced early. Me thinks that about half as many Goldwings were run in 07 compared to normal years.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I'm kind of partial to the 03 orange.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I like just about all of the colors, especially if there's a good deal involved. Both my bikes were bought because of the cost/value, not color... If I were to order one, it would be a metallic white or hotrod yellow...

·
Registered
686 Posts
I'm kind of partial to the 03 orange.
A good friend of mine rides an '03 orange Wing.

It got named by some other PGR riders as "The Great Pumpkin", so Wookie had that name -- and a pumpkin -- painted on the fender.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Being a "somewhat" younger winger I would have given my eyeteeth for an Orange one. However, at $9k I couldn't pass up my low mileage, one owner Stream Silver wing.

If any orange owners want to trade plastic I'd be more than happy :)

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Being a "somewhat" younger winger I would have given my eyeteeth for an Orange one. However, at $9k I couldn't pass up my low mileage, one owner Stream Silver wing.

If any orange owners want to trade plastic I'd be more than happy :)
It's funny, but back when I was buying my 03, I put money down on a Sliver wing.....but when I was ready to pick it up, the dealer sold it out from under me. All he had at the time was a blue and a 03 Candy Orange. I seen a picture of a Candy Orange on the forum and decided to go with it....had to pay another 250 dollars for the Candy color over the Sliver at the time.
Anyways, I took a bit of ribbing from my friends when I first got my Candy Orange. People were sorta of laughing and calling me the great punkin...it seemed the most just weren't ready for a bright colored motorcycle at the time.
That all went away after some time and most of my friends have told me it's funny how the color has grown on them after seeing and riding with it and now they like the color...but back in 2003, Candy Orange was a love it or hate it color. That's probably why Honda never offered it again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts