GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here we go again, another cold spell. I sure do envy you people in the warm climates. Its even to cold/windy to go ice fishing. Wind chills are in the -30's. :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
the cold doesn't bother me as much as the doggone snow and wind. I have to keep a "trail" clear back to the barn and out to the far pasture so my wife can take care of the horses while I'm at work. In the past 4 days, I've gone through 5 gallons of diesel ... about 8 hours of plowing. After complaining about the lack of snow for the sled .... now I have 7 foot high snow piles beside the drive and trail. Three hours on the tractor last night after I got home (on nearly impassable roads from the drifting snow) ... when I got in at bedtime, my knees actually felt like they were frozen ....
:evil:
And to top it off, everyone at work asks me "So, did you ride your bike to work today :?: " That's what a rep as a hardcore rider get you :lol:

·
Registered
380 Posts
It has actually warmed up here but the snow is just crazy. This mornings' paper said we have already set a new record snowfall for the month of January and tha snow fall in inches is double the norm. I had another 6" on the ground yesterday, now we have the wind and gusts blowing the snow around, will it ever end? :sw1: :snow1:

Ctrl-v

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.