GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning All. Here we go again. Anothe cold spell for Northeast Wisconsin and more snow predicted for later today. Burrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!. I'm starting to thing Fla. might not be too bad a place to retire to. :lol: :lol: :lol: Now if I can just get my wife to quit her job, sell the house, snowblower,ice auger, ice shanty, etc. :D

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
DAMN!! I got goosebumps just reading your weather bar at -9°!!!! :eek:4:

·
Registered
824 Posts
52 deg at 6:26AM here in Fort Worth!!

·
Registered
380 Posts
I'm near Pittsburgh, PA. Look at this temperature.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I will agree, warmer temps are needed. This prolonged cold weather is taking it's toll. The temp when I got up this morning was -10 They are predicting wind chills here today of -25. Hey you guys in the south and on the left coast go for a ride for us, we need it bad.

·
Chard Member
12,960 Posts
Only getting into the mid 70's here today! I killed a tank yesterday for lunch, think I'll do the same again today! :D

Just got back. 250+ miles I didn't even eat BBQ today. Had to settle for fish! :) I guess it could have been worse! Ended up riding with a Buddy that has a 1200LT. A good day was had by all! LOL...

·
Registered
380 Posts
Little chilly here this morning too, went out to check on the bike and it is in the corner trying to build a fire,burrrrrrrrrrrrrr..........................

·
Registered
605 Posts
The line about the bike in the corner trying to build a fire cracked me up. I needed that this morning...THanks

Dick

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Yeah, kinda cool in Phoenix today...only 50...guess I'll wear my lined chaps 8)

:yw1:

·
Registered
824 Posts
Aw gee guys, I'm jealous, been out there sweating in this 73 degree cold snap!

·
Registered
652 Posts
Know what you mean.
After 6'3" of snow in 3 days in Sault Ste Marie Ont. We sold everything and headed south on our 25 foot sail boat.
The best move of our lives.
Spent the winter in the Bahamas and headed back north.
Daytona Beach was far enough north and we have been here for 6 years.
Sold the boat and got the wing.
Another good move.
Ride every day and love life here.
Vacation is interupted by 40 hours of work each week but that ain't too bad!!
TR :capwin:

·
Registered
846 Posts
Only -5 this morning. Every year around this time I get tempted to start planning a move to a warmer climate, but no where is perfect. Let me think.... Florida is nice for about 3-4 months of the year, then comes the other 3 seasons where it's either to hot and humid, has a good chance of thundershowers often, to much traffic, and those extremely long traffic lights that Florida is known for, AND its way to flat and has very few twisty roads. A few of my friends have said that almost every road in Florida is like an airport runway. I kind of agree. Well, tomorrow I'll have to think about California, but I remember it quite well from living out in LaMesa (San Diego area) back in the early 80's. I've been back for visits quite a few times and it only got worse. Like I said no where is perfect. Flame suit is on if need be. :wink:

·
Registered
75 Posts
20 below here in :( the deep freeze of Central New Your this morning.

·
Chard Member
12,960 Posts
BobsGL1800A1......Glad you know more about Florida than I do! LOL...

I have a $100 bill that says I can lose you in some of our "untwisty" roads. I can also take you out for hours and never see a red light. Where have you been riding? Probably the only thing you know is the tourist areas. That ain't where I ride Dude! :D

Lets's see. When it is hot here in the summer I can jump on my bike and ride anywhere I want in the USA. When you are freezing your backside off this time of year where can you ride to? Just curious. I've only lived down here for 20 years. I do remember how the winter months sucked up north. Even birds have enough sense to fly south for the winter! LOL....

You're right, nowhere is perfect. But anything south of the Mason-Dixon is better year-a-round if you enjoy the sport of motorcycling. If you can stay south of the freeze line, that's even better! Come on down and I will show you the real Florida, not the Florida you see on TV or the tourist traps!

P:S
Our summer doesn't start and end on the same day either! LOL... Should I assume that NY State is always cold and wet? I circled through there all the time when I lived in Ohio and I was almost guaranteed to get both! :( It does get cold in this area at times. It has gotten into the 40's, in the morning, a couple of times this winter! :D

I live in the most densly populated county in Florida, Pinellas. I still find a way to do my 25,000+ miles a year. I know....I have to buy more tires than you Guys in the frozen north! LOL...

·
Registered
324 Posts
Don't let all of these "Southeasterners" fool you!! The temps in Florida the past few days dipped into the low 30s in some areas. Also, up here in Atlanta, we have an ICE STORM this eve and it never got above 40 today!! I must admit that I rode yesterday up into the Georgia Mountains as the tempurature reached almost 70. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts