GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anybody show me or tell me how to connnect a bus bar to the battery so I can connect several accessories, if you got pics that would be wonderful. thanks:bow:

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Could anybody show me or tell me how to connnect a bus bar to the battery so I can connect several accessories, if you got pics that would be wonderful. thanks:bow:
I used a bus bar to do just that but in order to get power to all terminals on the bus bar, I had to buy/install "jumpers". Once they are on, it's simple. Just connect a 12 gauge wire from the battery to a terminal on the bus bar. The jumpers and bus bar can be bought at most electical supply outlets (the kind that cater to electronics and automotive)

Sorry, no pics here at work.

Having said that, you might want to think about a 6 or 8 pole fuse block. That way it's easy to run wiring to your accessories and have them fused all in one easy accessible place.

Don't forget to utilize relays wherever you can.

·
Registered
833 Posts
The safest way is to use a relay.

Run a wire from the hot side of the Accessory fuse to the coil of the relay.

Run a wire to ground from the other side of the coil.

Then run a wire from the hot side of the battery to one side of the contacts for the relay and a wire from the other side of the contacts to the bus bar. Power from the bus bar will ground through the devices you run off it.

The relay will turn everything off when you turn the bike off, thereby protecting your battery.

Sorry I don't have any pics and I hope this helps

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Honda supplies a convenient ACCESSORY post +&- for the relay trigger as shown (hey, OP asked for pics). It's only good for 5 amps so a trigger it should remain. Main power from the battery positive terminal with a fuse as close to the post as you can get it.

If you are not familiar with relays, what they do or why you should use one, click the picture below....

:fullsize:

·
Registered
654 Posts
Not sure what your trying to do but you could just get a cheap fuse block and add it onto the bike so any additional items you install will have their own fuse all in one place.

Here is a photo of mine, the bottom half of the block is always hot the top half is switched so they turn off with the key off.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a315/blackaero1/P1060526.jpg

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Drop me a pm with your email address and I can email you pictures with instructions on what I did. Total cost was under $25.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts