GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bushtec trailer and had to have new bushings made for the A arm pivots. I had enough turned for 2 extra sets. They are made of Delrin and were turned by a machinist. They are $7.00 each. Let me know if you would like to buy any for your rebuild. I just broke down and had mine made locally because it seems impossible to get any customer assistance from Bushtec at the time. Email me at [email protected] if you want a set. Well I had so many people ask about these that I had my machinist turn out 10 more sets. If you are interested just let me know.

·
Registered
999 Posts
email sent

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
What is Delrin? Are these better than stock? How old and miles on your trailer? Mine is 05 with app. 70,000. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Delrin

Delrin is what is used in place of rubber bushings on most high end shocks. It is self lubricating type of material. According to the machinist that turned them you could take a hammer and hammer them flat and the material would not crack. My trailer was a 1991 and had no telling how many miles on it. Sorry for the late reply, I was off playing Army!

Thomas

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I edited my initial post. I had enough people respond and have interest in replacement bushings that I had another 10 sets turned. If you are interested email me at [email protected]. They are still $7.00 per bushings.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Last of bushings

I have 5 sets of that last batch of 10 I had turned. Once these are gone I will probably not have anymore turned. Just wanted to give anyone that was thinking about them a heads up that I still have a few sets left.

Thanks
Thomas

1 - 7 of 7 Posts