GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1994 Turbo +2. This weekend I hit a pot hole and heard a pop from the trailer. At next stop the tires were towed in indicating low air pressure in the suspension. I thought I had burst an air line or fitting. I got out my hand pump and re-inflated the system and it held pressure just fine. Question, do these suspension systems have a releif valve to protect themselves?

Charlie

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
no relief valves

·
Vendor
17,817 Posts
Probably not towed in (pigeon towed). Loosing air pressure in the BT system sould give negative camber (top of tires leaning in). I would guess that the air needed to be added prior to hitting the bump. Do a good visual inspection to make sure nothing else is wrong. Check the tow hitch on the bike too. Could the noise come from something inside of the trailer?

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
If you had damaged a shock or air line, when you added air, it would not have held.

As you know, the Camber changes with the load.

Generally, once I have mine set for a trip, I rarely have to change it. (Unless the wife starts buying souviners).

I would give the suspension a good look over, you know the swaybar is held togethher with rubber couplers. Make sure they are in place, but I dont think you have a problem.

I ran up on a section of road in the Rockies that was missing, and got the bike and trailer airborne. The guy behind me came on the CB laughing and said he could see daylight under my Bike, "But the Bushtec Trailer Never Bounced" when it landed. Just as they advertise.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks fellas, after the loss of air, we rode over 400 miles the next two days without any additional issues. I will give the underside and hitch a good inspection.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts