GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always read , Bushtec this and that, wonderful this and that, I can say first hand that my most recent trip to Bushtec confirmed the rumors.

I was in need of a few minor repairs, an adjustment here a replacement there, I was greeted by a most friendly face, trailer was repaired .

Now this is where it really gets interesting. I went to pay for the repairs done, and I was told, " NO CHARGE" nothing for parts and labor. Keep in mind these repairs were self inflicted, I done the damage.

Bushtec I am soooo pleased with your product and your customer service is awesome. I will always recommend Bushtec, top quality product with top notch customer serice.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hey Joe1, How right you are about Bushtec and John. First class all the way. Of course you know it is kinda like preaching to the choir, everyone already knows that, but it is nice to let John know too. Take Care, George

·
Registered
258 Posts
Bushtec

You bet they are a class act group. Also, they do not answer every trailer thread and plug their trailers. The trailer board at times looks like one big commercial for a certain type trailer.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
They are the BEST and the only MC trailer folks that I will ever do business with. :D

·
Registered
762 Posts
Absolutely they share #1 in my book with Bunkhouse since I have one of each and the service is the same for both:D

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Top said:
Absolutely they share #1 in my book with Bunkhouse since I have one of each and the service is the same for both:D
This is one reason I plan to go towards Bunkhouse. If I get the same type service as I do with my Bushtec, then I will be a happy camper. :D

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
SC Steve said:
Top said:
This is one reason I plan to go towards Bunkhouse. If I get the same type service as I do with my Bushtec, then I will be a happy camper. :D
Literally. :a13:

·
Registered
19,440 Posts
Happy with Bushtec. Just came back from a trip to Louisiana. 18K with a Bushtec with no problems

·
Registered
762 Posts
I had one of the 1st Bushys ever made in the early 80's I think it was trl#7. and I can tell you they are the same quality today that they were then. In 82 we went up the coast to British Columbia and I was driving along when a car pulls up next to me and points to the back of the trl so I pulled over Holy$hit I had blown a tire and didn't know it. drug it slowly to the next town went to a bicycle dealer sanded the rim a little then put on a Bicycle tire and we were on the way did just fine till I came back then replace the tire and rim. Point is that's how well they tow you really gotta keep an Eye on the darn thing cause I sure didn't feel anything
Top :D

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Yep Bushtec customer service is the most outstanding and professional people that I have delt with. Have a Roadstar and was having problems with the chrome around the lid. Talked to John and he said sure bring it to Biketoberfest and we will correct. Man what a company for service after the sale.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Glad to hear all the good comments about Bushtec. Customer service is almost a lost art these days. I have an old ugly Shoreline trailer. Basic functionality is great, just ugly and a little on the small side. Good news is that the wife gave me the green light to buy a new trailer, the Bushtec factory is about 30 miles from my house. My mind us just about made up.

·
Registered
19,440 Posts
QUOTE FROM POST ABOVE--By the way, they are using the same type of suspension system that the old VW bugs used, and designed out (because it caused wheel/tire damage), several decades ago. Perhaps if Bushtec took a little money out of their customer service and put it into engineering and manufacturing they would have less of a need for their great customer service

This is news to me that VWs had air suspension. And in the day I owned a 65,66,67,69 and 74, rebuilt and repaired numerous bugs and NEVER had or heard of wheel or tire damage. The only glarring fault I found from all VW bugs was the battery placement under the rear seat which helped lead to the rear floor pan rusting behind the passenger seat.And the last statement was a little low. Most who critical of a company base their experiences on no experiences. I have never met a confirmed Bushtec owner who was unhappy. Now Unigo theres a [email protected]#k if I have ever seen one.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Bushtec I am soooo pleased with your product and your customer service is awesome. I will always recommend Bushtec, top quality product with top notch customer serice.
How right you are about Bushtec and John. First class all the way
You bet they are a class act group
They are the BEST
Absolutely they share #1 in my book with Bunkhouse
If I get the same type service as I do with my Bushtec
Happy with Bushtec
had one of the 1st Bushys ever made in the early 80's I think it was trl#7. and I can tell you they are the same quality today that they were then.
Yep Bushtec customer service is the most outstanding and professional people that I have delt with
Glad to hear all the good comments about Bushtec. Customer service is almost a lost art these days
The opinions here about Bushtec seem unanimous to me. That in itself says alot about their Product too.

Perhaps if Bushtec took a little money out of their customer service and put it into engineering and manufacturing they would have less of a need for their great customer service.
Since when should there be less of a need for customer service? Don't most people that know very little about a companies product base their purchase on customer service?

Bushtec, or so it seems to me, fixes the immediate problem, but changes neither engineering or manufacturing.

To illustrate, there have been many reports of problems with the wheels, and Bushtec has quickly (usually overnight) repaired these problem, but they have not looked at a new wheel/tire design or re-engineered the suspension system.
Maybe they feel like, If it's not broke, why fix it....

This was not intended as a bash against Bushtec or any manufacturer of anything, but I used the topic at hand to illustrate something that has been on my mind for awhile.
I too am using the topic at hand to point out something that has been on MY mind.

The trailer board at times looks like one big commercial for a certain type trailer.
I too am using the topic on hand to point out something that has been on MY mind.
The following is the part I edited: I do not see Mr. Preston constantly posting about how superior his product is in comparison to all the other products on the market. That type of egotistical post just might drive away potential customers. I know it has an influence to me. And NO I dont' own a bushtec, for those that may wonder.End edit.

Mr. Shelton,
I respect the choice of trailer you purchased and am happy for you. I'm sure it will give you many (s)miles of happiness and reliability. We all have different opinions and many trailer owners are very satisfied with their product. Can't it just be left at that? JMHO.
Scott

PS: Sorry for the long post guys!!!

·
Registered
700 Posts
To illustrate, there have been many reports of problems with the wheels, and Bushtec has quickly (usually overnight) repaired these problem, but they have not looked at a new wheel/tire design or re-engineered the suspension system. Perhaps if Bushtec took a little money out of their customer service and put it into engineering and manufacturing they would have less of a need for their great customer service.
TJ - For someone who professes to have an engineering background, you make some statements that simply are unfounded.

First, PLEASE direct me to the MANY REPORTS of wheel/tire problems you state Bushtec owners report. Bearing problems with Bushtec trailers are infrequent and more often than not related to owners who simply fail to perform our recommended service procedures. Tire failure? You won't be able to point me to any reports since there are simply none. Bushtec wheel problems are rare and usually only when an owner hits something.

With more than 12,500 trailer on the road, our product issues are statistically insignificant (and unlike any of our competitors, we collect, chart and report product issues and warranty claims to NHTSA every month), but to the owner of our product and to my staff and I, any issue is significant.

Your lack of Bushtec company and product knowledge shows clearly when you state that Bushtec does not put any resources into engineering or manufacturing. This year alone, we will spend in excess of $250,000.00 for new manufacturing equipment. We have changed more than twenty product features and revised several manufacturing procedures. But the real point is, WHY FIX SOMETHING THAT IS NOT BROKEN.

A Bushtec will out perform any two-wheel trailer in the motorcycle industry in suspension compliance and rolling resistance; will perform as well or better in aerodynamic considerations and fuel consumption. Our glass is a variation of e-glass (which we have employed for over 10 years) and is validated by the number of trailers on the road as well as the physical appearance of our glass after ten or more years. Our suspension has four inches of travel; is infinitely adjustable from no load to over load and presents a totally seamless presence when attached to a motorcycle due to the unique and exclusive "Heim Joint & Pin" coupler we employ. Our coupler further negates the necessity of any tongue related device to control loading since we don't have the issue which is associated with ball style couplers.

Validating ones personal buying decision is to be expected, however you would be well served to measure your criticism of products other than yours unless you possess total knowledge of the product and company you criticize, which in this case you obviously do not. The Bushtec owner responses validate the value of our product and customer service. I will continue to work for those who invest in Bushtec products. When my buyers tell me I need to do something different, I will listen.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I have deleted the offending posts and offer my sincere apology for my lack of understanding and unintended mischaracterization of Bushtec, John Preston, and owners of these great trailers. My intent was to contrast the perception of customer service given by Honda (in its correction of several engineering problems) with Bushtec (and its correction of individual problems, not engineering related), but I devolved into a completely inappropriate discussion. I see now that this was an improper analogy, and my words and arguments were incorrect and ignorant of the facts. I hope that I can be forgiven for my error and welcomed back into the good graces of the trailering community. I'll try to do better in the future.

·
Registered
700 Posts
TJ - While unnecessary, your apology is respectfully accepted. No ill feelings were, are or will be the result of this discussion. Ride safe but ride often and always with your trailer behind you!

·
Registered
70 Posts
TJ anyone can make a mistake but it takes a big man to step forward and admit it. From what I just read, your a big man.

Mr.Preston, as always, everything that I have seen or read about Bustec is reflected in the manner the company is operated. Your trailers are first class as well as your representation on these forums and at local events.

I do not own a Bushtec, I have another brand of trailer, but I would seroiusly look into getting one of your products when the time comes for a change.

Keep up the excellent work.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts