GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my Bushtec front fender extension and read that I have to drill through my front fender. I remember reading a post from someone that used epoxy to install the extension. Had I know that the old board was going away I would have saved the text.

Does anyone have a copy of this or possibly a link. I would like to explore all options before putting the drill to the fender.

Thanks
Jim

·
Registered
364 Posts
Dont know about the post you are lookng for but......I have the bushtec ffe, drilled the holes, no problem. Remember the fender takes a pretty good shakin some times and attaching it with bolts will keep if from commin loose.
My input......Thanks....KC :wink:

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Jim

I just posted a similar question about the Bushtec FFE. I already installed it once and when I followed Bushtec's instructions exactly, there was no problem. The one thing I neglected to do was put some loctite on the bolts and as a result I lost a couple of bolts and almost lost the FFE. When I got home I replaced and tightened down the bolts to prevent a repeat performance forgetting the warning in the original instructions about being careful not to overtighten them. The next day my fender was cracked and broken to the point where I had to replace it, so now I am paranoid about the tightening process not the drilling process.

Hopefully either your post or mine will have the answer as far as glueing is concerned.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
ONE MORE TIMEany auto-body shop that uses 3M products will have 3M BODY PANEL ADHESIVE.

My buddy (thats been in the bizz for 20 years) glued mine on about 2500 miles ago and it's working fine (I installed the FFE supports that john Preston sent out for free, awfully damn nice of him too)

Use the 3M BODY PANEL ADHESIVEsupposedly it's as strong or stronger than welding

BUT the stuff works REALY WELL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts