GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am new to this board. 03 Candy Red GL1800A due to arrive at the dealer next week. I am interested in the Bushtec FFE and was wondering about the installation. Does it require removing the front fender or wheel? Seems like I have seen that it has a brace that requires some type of adhesive?

·
Registered
64 Posts
bushtec ffe

I put mine on last sat.and it looks great. Take back part of fender off ,drill 3 holes and put your brace on ,put back togetherand let it set for 72 hours.Took me about a hour to do.

·
Registered
4,563 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Looks More gooder

I must agree that the glue install is much better looking than with bolts. I have a BushTec coming from Hal, should be here today. I was not going to use the bolts but glue. Now I know It can be done.
Quickdraw is that scrapes on the bottom of those pretty yeller exhaust covers? My My My My MY.
Nice Job. Did you install the brace as well.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Quickdraw,
What glue did you use,and how long did you let it set before you rode?

My chrome FFE will be waiting for me when I get home in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Quickdraw is that scrapes on the bottom of those pretty yeller exhaust covers?
Yup, they don't call me quickdraw just because my graphics are fast.

What glue did you use,and how long did you let it set before you rode?
There is s picture of the glue package in my instructions. "Semi-Rigid Plastic Repair" sometimes called gorilla snot. Get it from a quality auto paint house. I believe overnight is plenty long enough, but check the instructions. And if you put the fender brace on, which I haven't yet - John shipped those after I had my FFE on, you'll have to wait 72 hours anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts