GL1800Riders Forums banner

Bushtec FFE

780 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  bushtec 
#1 ·
Why does Bushtec supply a brace with there FFE and Road trip does not? Is the Bushtec not as sturdy as the Road Trip? I want a colored match FFE and in an earlier post of mine I learned that the Road Trip is the better of the two in color. But now I'm wondering why one needs a brace and the other does not. Price is the same, so that's not a concern.

Now I'm just sitting here on my butt waiting for Honda to get of off there butt and make my 04 Titanium. Witch should have been here three weeks ago.

#2 ·
Bookum,

The Bushtec is as strong, if not stronger than most other FFE's. John Preston @ Bushtec answered the call, to Honda's fenders cracking with or without an FFE mounted. John took it upon himself, to design, manufacture and distribute the brace for free to anyone, with any manufacturers extension. This was quite noble of John and very unselfish.

Apparently, many Wingers have found that their fenders were cracking around the mounting bolts. Some got them replaced under warranty and some where not so lucky.

I have a Bushtec FFE & brace on my bike with about 13 K on it with absolutely no sign of failure. Trust me, there is nothing sinister in John's unselfish offer.

Bulldog

#3 ·
Bulldog

Didn't mean to apply that there was something sinister just asking why. But now after your reply maybe I'll go with Bushtec. Don't need no cracked fenders. Thanks.

#4 ·
John Preston took it upon himself to do some engineering investigation and come up with a solution to a nasty problem. He offered the braces free of charge to all that wanted it. and now includes one in each FFe kit sold at NO extra charge.

#7 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.