GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am restoring a 2001 BUSHTEC Genesis trailer. I am looking for a locking mechanism that fits inside the trailer and holds the lid down. I called BUSHTEC and they stated they have not use that mechanism since 2007 and have no spare parts for it. I’m hoping someone knows where I can get a replacement that will work in the trailer.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I can’t help you on a replacement, but I can pass on some ‘words of wisdom’ about the latch ....... “When closing the lid, do not ‘slam’ it shut. Lower the lid down and push it gently, but firmly, until you hear the latch ‘click’.” I was told this when I got my ‘02 Quantum GL. I was told this would save me from ‘having to replace the latch’!
I hope this info will help everyone.

Reactions: Kenichi

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
I have not looked into the latch, but will when I get home to see if I can offer any help.

I do have a spare Genesis, If you happen to know of someone looking for one.

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
@FLA-ORANGE I just replaced (few months ago) a latch on my 2012 Quantum key would turn but not activate the latch to open! Had to call and get guidance on how to get the trailer opened so I could get items out. Well, I ordered a new updated latch/lock mechanism seem a plastic piece that was at a critical junction to pull the release failed-thus no working latch. Oh well, such is life. Hopefully, you get it squared away or you might have to get someone who works on fiberglass to refabricate the lock mechanism area to accommodate another latch/lock of your choice?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts